Quantcast Amazing Race: All Stars - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2 Weeks and I missed BOTH. this week I was moving, so it's a better excuse, but I can't believe I have missed 2 episodes!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post

2 Weeks and I missed BOTH. this week I was moving, so it's a better excuse, but I can't believe I have missed 2 episodes!
    I'm sorry, Michael. I wish I had a way of recording off of TiVo so that I could send you the last episode anyway.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Kevin and Drew. They were just done.

Charla and Mirna are nuts. Why the holy HECK do they insist on speaking with accents when talking to someone who doesn't speak English natively? And what was with the giving the cab driver all their money? They freak out so easily.

I loved the Road Block - it took some observation, some actual thinking. I hope there are more like that.
    "Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"
    "Go out there and kick some alien butt!"
    "That looks like water, but really it isn't."

DVC Member at Boardwalk
    84, 90, 92, 96, 94, 97 - off site
    98 DL Paris
    Many since then at BWV, OKW, and WLV.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well Shoot

Well darn it, I saw that coming but there were still teams I would have like to have been out before Kentucky.

I really liked the fish challenge. WDWacky would have freaked out!!

I also can't believe missing the sluebox didn't hurt Dustin and Candice more??
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I was happy with the result. Kentucky grates on my nerves. I would have preferred Mirna & Charla or the Guidos to go home first - but I'll survive.

I must have missed something. Weren't they supposed to empty the fish tank? Mirna still had a lot of fish left in her tank when she read the clue.

We really have some good racers!

Go Rob & Amber and Danny & Oswald.

The previews were intriguing.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team Guido

By the way, am I the only one who can't STAND team Guido?
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Post Thanks / Like

I was glad Kentucky got the boot. They are nice, but they just don't have IT, ya know. Did anyone else think it was weird that the show got another little person to welcome the racers to the finish line? Did they expect Charla to feel some sort of kindship? WEIRD.

Carol, I think it was really bad editing on the whole fish thing. I thought the same thing, but my room mate said it probably took people a long time do catch those relatively UN-MOVING fish so they couldn't show people actually finishing.

I totally like Rob and Amber. I hate saying that.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post

I totally like Rob and Amber. I hate saying that.
    Oh man I know what you mean. When I first heard they were going to be on the show I groaned. But they are kicking tail, they work well together, are nice to each other etc!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    I was happy with the result. Kentucky grates on my nerves. I would have preferred Mirna & Charla or the Guidos to go home first - but I'll survive ...

We really have some good racers!

Go Rob & Amber and Danny & Oswald.

Carol, whatever else we may agree/disagree on, we ALWAYS seem to be on the same page when it comes to reality T.V.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was really impressed by Rob and Amber again. Amber really did well with the whole fish thing. (which was pretty hard looking)

I was totally surprised that missing the clue didn't hurt the beauty queens more.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary M View Post
    Charla and Mirna are nuts. Why the holy HECK do they insist on speaking with accents when talking to someone who doesn't speak English natively? And what was with the giving the cab driver all their money? They freak out so easily.
    I know we can't stand Charla and Mirna. They are sooo drama! I ahve to mute the TV when they are speaking in a fake accent. We were hoping Kentucky beat them this time. We love Rob and Amber and Kandice and Dustin. They rock. I hope one of the two win this time!!!
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

I think that "Kentucky" are good people, but they just are not capable of racing with the stronger teams. They always seem to be missing something. So while I would have rather had the Guidos go last night, I am glad Kentucky was put out of their misery. They were kind of painful to watch.

The Guidos are the ones that are nails on a chalkboard for me this year. Myrna and Charla are annoying, but everything the Guidos do and say get on my nerves.

I am not a fan of Rob and Amber, but they are racing beautifully. I do like how they support each other and try to keep themselves focused on the task at hand, rather than worry about the other teams.

My heart is totally with Danny and Oswald. I love them. I love how they talk to each other, and how they try to have integrity while still racing hard.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    By the way, am I the only one who can't STAND team Guido?
    Nope...your not the only one. Can't stand them, Ian/Teri, or the BQ's. Charla and Myrna - - it's a love/hate issue. Love Romber and Cha-Cha-Cha is really growning on me. While KY was a favorite of my last season, they just don't have it in them to "play" the race. Romber has "playing" the race down to a science. Love how well they work together.

I had to lol twice last night, over Oswald and Danny. First time was as they were going to the car after the roadblock, Oswald asked Danny to please work on more cardio when they got home. Then as they walked up to the mat and saw the ranger standing there with Phil, one of them made the comment that Charla was gonna be in love. I spit pop all over the place with that one.
    Jen
    Mom to Loden and LaneyLouWho

Post Thanks / Like

While Kentucky wasn't my first or second choice to go home (Guido & Charla/Mirna) I didn't feel bad for them at all. Obviously they can't seem to do anything by themselves without the Chos.

I cracked up when Terri was yelling at Mirna at the airport. I give Danielle credit for not flinging a fish at Eric to shut him up.

Oswald & Danny are still my faves followed by Rob & Amber. I have to wonder for next week when the promos said something about elimination or last leg that will have everyone talking . . . to me it implied that Rob/Amber would be last to arrive but DH says I'm just paranoid.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    . . . to me it implied that Rob/Amber would be last to arrive but DH says I'm just paranoid.
    That's exactly what I thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    Oswald & Danny are still my faves followed by Rob & Amber. I have to wonder for next week when the promos said something about elimination or last leg that will have everyone talking . . . to me it implied that Rob/Amber would be last to arrive but DH says I'm just paranoid.
    I don't think you're being paranoid, but I have a feeling that if Rob and Amber end up coming in last that this will magically be a non-elimination round. They are just too integral to the competition (and ratings) right now to be eliminated.

I was annoyed that David and Mary went last night, I would have much rathered that Charla and Mirna go--I'm sick of their whining.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I don't think you're being paranoid, but I have a feeling that if Rob and Amber end up coming in last that this will magically be a non-elimination round.
    Those rounds are predetermined. There are 3 per race.

There is definitely one due. I thought for sure it would be last night.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm shocked to say Rob and Amber aren't nearly as annoying to me as they were last time. I still don't like them that much, but there are other teams that are worse.

For example, Mirna and Charla need to be the next 2 off. They are driving me completely crazy.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'm glad we're not the only ones who CAN'T STAND Charla and Mirna. They get on my last nerve.

Actually DW and I were talking about this on Sunday night ... how in the heck did they qualify as "all stars" anyway??
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    I'm glad we're not the only ones who CAN'T STAND Charla and Mirna. They get on my last nerve.

Actually DW and I were talking about this on Sunday night ... how in the heck did they qualify as "all stars" anyway??
    I have read articles about them where they were tagged as "fan favorites". Now I don't know what they would base that term on, but I never see anyone actively rooting for them. Maybe some people do that quietly because they think they will get blasted for liking them. I know when their initial season started I did root for them somewhat. You have to admire the pluck of a little person trying such a daunting challenge. But it didn't take long for Myrna's whining to make me switch off of supporting them. I'm just glad she isn't hanging all over Phil on the mats like she did her first race. That was hard to watch.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: