Okay, we are 34 days out and I am SO excited! Haven't been to DL since 1998 on a VERY cold and rainy Valentines day with DH pre-kiddos.

Cast:

Myself, 37
2 DS - 6 (this is their surprise birthday trip)
Mom - 57
Dad - 59

We are driving 1080 miles from the Texas/New Mexico border but praise God we have a built in DVD player in the car. The boys think we are going to S Cal to visit my friends Don and Roger (Mickey or Minnie would be too obvious) and that we are camping on the way.

I plan on making a big deal of "getting lost" right before we hit the Katella Avenue exit, at which point I plan to hand them the maps and ask for their help -- Disney maps of course! At this point, half the cat will be out of the bag.

Sunday the 25th we will be checking into the concierge at the Anabella hotel. When we arrive Grandma and Grandpa should be there with a homemade scratch birthday cake (my mom still makes those). Depending on the weather, we will either go swimming or go to DTD, have dinner and then start our big vacation.

Monday, get up early and do the morning madness after breakfast at the hotel. Then off to City Hall for birthday buttons and we plan to enjoy DL all day, woohoo! Definitely planning on snacks at the Golden Horseshoe!

Tuesday, lounge around in the morning (or do a bit of time at DL, depending on the moods of everyone) and go to California Adventure, since we have never gone before. My boys are Pixar fanatics, so I am planning on collecting many autographs and taking lots of pictures.

Wednesday, back to DL, and we'll do dinner at Cafe Orleans so my mom can get her favorite crab cakes and dad can have a monte cristo sandwich.

Unfortunately no parades or fireworks are scheduled but that's okay by me -- more time to ride POTC. I can't wait to show my boys the REAL POTC, and Capn' Jack wasn't there yet when we went a year ago to WDW.

It's been hard keeping the secret, but if I don't the ride will be unbearable! I will be taking my 50th Anniversary audio library of Disneyland collection to listen to

Can't wait for the fun to begin! Any suggestions for must dos that are different from WDW? Not seeing much in the Unofficial Guide.

Thanks!