Quantcast He Didn't Like Stay in Cindy's Castle - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I found it kind of amusing.

Please don't beat me up!
    Kelly
    Former
    WDW Cast Member :)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing this just wasn't in his range of interests. I have actually herad a story of people turning down the castle stay because they didn't want the hassle of getting stuff together to move in for the night. I'm sure most of us can't even imagine turning it down no matter how inconvienient it would be to stay. I would even change my flight if I won on my last day before I was scheduled to leave.

I'm sure when selecting the reporter they wanted someone who was not a Disney fan but this guy was alittle too much out of his element. I didn't find the story offensive just a story written by someone who doesn't get the Disney experience. I have had friends who visited WDW and didn't think much of the experience at all and questioned why I go back so often.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure when selecting the reporter they wanted someone who was not a Disney fan but this guy was alittle too much out of his element. I didn't find the story offensive just a story written by someone who doesn't get the Disney experience. I have had friends who visited WDW and didn't think much of the experience at all and questioned why I go back so often.
    Well said......
    I didn't find the story offensive either. To be honest I would probably turn down the castle suite unless they would let me skip all the parade and restaurant stuff and just sleep there. Now I love Disney and am even a DVC member, but I would not like the attention. I am a very private person and my wife is even more private. We would not want to be in a parade and have everyone look at us. Being pointed out in a restaurant is not something I would like either. My wife and I don't even have people sing to each other at the restaurants on our birthday. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a 27 year old single guy. They should have had someone a bit older with a litle princess of his own. Funny how you see Disney through the eyes of a child when you have one. It's a totally different view.
    Phyllis

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how Disney reacted to his article? They allowed the AP to purchase a night in the castle suite, something that they have extensively publicized as "priceless". I'm sure they did it expecting a glowing review about how magical the suite is. I'm sure someone made a not so Disney phone call to the AP. Can't say that I would blame them.

I can understand him not being a Disney fan (okay I don't quite "understand" it but to each his own) but I did think that his comments about Cinderella and the lack of Jack Daniels in the mini bar uncalled for.

As a mother of 3 Disney princesses I would give anything to stay a night in the castle, no matter the hassle of moving (which I'm sure Disney does a good part of) we are going in September and it would be the most magical time for us as I'm sure it would be for the rest of you!

I hope one of our fellow Intercotees wins a night in the castle. If they only knew how much we love the World. There is a piece of the magic that lives in each and every one of our souls.

I hope this 27 year old reporter marries and has a few Disney princesses of his own and can reflect on this article and see how disappointing it was. It was a chance of a lifetime wasted.

Good luck to all! I'm still looking for the post that says one of us won!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default wierd

To me it sounds like one of Snow White's dwarfs (maybe dopey got lost in Cinderella's Castle. I really see the fault on the APs shoulders for not picking a more appropriate guy or lady for this once in a lifetime experience. Come on, let yourself have a little fun without having to booze yourself up first. Who needs alcohol when there is MAGIC What a waste of a night on this man. Let the disney guests stay there-its a surprise for them, which is fun and I'm sure it would be more appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't blame the reporter for this article because it is how he feels. I can, however, blame AP for sending the wrong reporter. They should have sent a reporter that is in the target demographic that Disney is looking for to stay and report on the suite. Putting someone who doesn't like what it's all about shouldn't be there. If you don't like Disney, or crowds, or the ideas behind it then you wouldn't be there in the first place. If you say that's unfair then pick someone who will report with an unbiased opinion and tell you what's in there and let you decide for yourself if it's something you would like to do or not. This is why I barely ever pay attention to the news, evey reporter has their own spin on things, but people need to make their own opinions about if they'd enjoy something like this or not.
    November 1997 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    November 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    February 2002 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon!)
    October 2006 - Old Key West (1st Trip with kids!)
    December 2008 - Old Key West (The not-so-great trip)
    October 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lehman Family View Post
    I can't blame the reporter for this article because it is how he feels. I can, however, blame AP for sending the wrong reporter. They should have sent a reporter that is in the target demographic that Disney is looking for to stay and report on the suite. Putting someone who doesn't like what it's all about shouldn't be there.
    I also really didn't think the article was that bad considering who the reporter was. It could have been far worse. The AP, however, should be ashamed because they sent a 20-something single male with no prior Disney experience to do this. And you know that they selected this reporter intentionally to make they article more 'entertaining'. The AP was never interested in maing Disney look good here. They had their own agenda, like most news organizations have today.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we should rename the article "Loser at WDW". Here's a guy who got no sense watsoever about what the magic is all about whining about the lack of Jack Daniels(TM)! You don't need booze at MK!

AP blew that one up due to the wrong choice of reporter. This is just sad.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redandfuzzy View Post
    Honestly, I found it kind of amusing.

Please don't beat me up!
    Me too!
    I have a visual of some editor assigning this guy to the story to make him miserable...instead of accepting the million innapropriate bribes from other reporters!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Some people will never get it. We must pitty them.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceship Tigger View Post
    The AP was never interested in maing Disney look good here. They had their own agenda, like most news organizations have today.
    I perfectly agree with you, Spaceship Tigger, except for this last sentence. Of course they didn't have to make Disney look good... Why should they ? This is information, not advertising.

I liked this article, because it told me, in a perfectly unbiased (i will go as far as saying unenthusiastic) way of what happens when you are chosen to sleep in cindirella's suite.

I didn't even get the impression that the guy didn't like it... He did a good job in reporting the ups and downs of winning the night in MK.

The bad : you cannot do what you might wish to do as an adult (i.e. going out, drinking, being left alone...)

The good : you have a front line access to any ride you might want, you are treated like a royalty, you can access the park while it is empty, you sleep in a wonderfully equipped suite, with a fantastic jacuzzi.

I found this article to be entertaining, and very informative, which is all I ask from an article... If the journalist had only praised Disney, I would have been suspicious.

If anything, this article made me even more anxious to come to Disney !
    -------------
    Numerous day trips to DLRP
    2007 DW - POP, AK, POFQ
    2007 DLRP - Halloween at DLRP, Newport Bay Club Hotel
    2008 : Universal And POR WDW
    2009 : Disneyland Anaheim Off Site
    2010 : Florida, Wilderness Lodge and DCL : 04/22 - 05/06

Goofy Pilot Guest

I wasn't really that offended by the article. However, the 27 year old reporter sounds like a 15 year old: he sounds like he thinks he's too cool for the room (bad pun intended). Well, that's my impression, anyway.

It sounds like he was able to touch the highlights of the room pretty well, although it's obvious he has no clue about the effect Disney has on families.

I guess the only thing that bothered me really, was the comment about the lack of Jack Daniels in the mini-bar fridge. That sounds completely adolescent to me. This guy is 27 years old? He could have fooled me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority here but I didn't find his article that offensive. I have lots of friends who are not Disneyphiles like me, and the writer's take was not all that negative (IMHO, at least) and his comments were typical for someone who's not "into" Disney. In all, I found him a lot less jaded than the authors of the Unofficial Guide.

I'm with you Ellen. I thought he was poking fun, not trying to be mean really.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

The article didn't offend me at all. It seems like it was written mainly tongue-in-cheek. Like someone posted before, he hit all of the highlights of what happens if you win a stay, which, really, I had no clue. If you're not up for all of that attention, then at least you know what to expect if you're chosen and can turn it down.
    Dawn
    numerous visits as a child (too many to count)
    Dolphin June 2004
    Swan July 2006
    Pop March 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Unfortunately this kind of cynical attitude about anything wholesome or decent in the world is the most common attitude in today's liberal media! Had you sent him into a prison for the night he would of glowed about how wonderful the inmates were! These kind of people just aren't happy unless they are raining on other people's parades!
    AMEN!!!!
    Feb. 1988, Jan. 1991, Oct. 2002, Feb. 2005 all off site

Feb. 15-23, 2008 All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was funny, and I agree with all the posts about choosing a different reporter and whatnot.

I would LOVE to stay there, LOVE it. I hate attention being drawn to me, but somehow at Disney it is different (to me at least). Last year we opened MGM on our first full day there, then went on to be in the stunt show on the Backstage Tour thingy, were the Official First Safari Family another day, etc etc etc. If you know me (and my sisters might chime in to back me up), I don't even like people really looking at me all that much, lol. I mean, I don't mind it but I don't like people WATCHING me doing something. At Disney it is natural!

If I got to stay the night there, I would probably cry. Yes, cry, lol. And take more pictures and video than God intended when he allowed us to create the technology, lol. At the same time, I know how magical it would be for a little girl to stay there.

Whenever we're there we try to outmanouver everyone else, but we will just about always either help or not pass someone who its their first time (we talk to everyone so we know, lol) or who have little kids.

I love Disney, lol!!!
    Star light, star bright,
    first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
    and all our wishes,
    will come true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Unfortunately this kind of cynical attitude about anything wholesome or decent in the world is the most common attitude in today's liberal media! Had you sent him into a prison for the night he would of glowed about how wonderful the inmates were! These kind of people just aren't happy unless they are raining on other people's parades!
    Even with being a television news director myself, I have to agree with what you're saying! Pretty pathetic world we live in. That's why I'm a director and not a producer. The producer chooses who does which story and if it had been me, I totally would have chosen someone with a family who would appreciate the experience they were getting. After reading the article myself though, I don't think his article was as critical as the first writer led me to believe...maybe because I can understand reporters' cynical attitudes, but I totally get why it would come across as such. As a side note, if AP only paid $500 bucks for him to stay there, I betcha each of us would save every last penny to be able to stay there ourselves, no?!? And I think my bath would have lasted longer than 16 minutes!!!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Moderator Alert!!

Let's keep this thread on the topic of this one man's stay in the Castle. We are starting to stray into the political arena with some of the comments, and that is not what this thread or Intercot is about.

Thanks!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

They don't want to leave the suite, and frankly neither do I.
    Maybe I'm missing something but I took this to mean, when all was said and done, that he actually enjoyed his stay.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: