Quantcast How adult is the Comedy Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How adult is the Comedy Club

DW and I were thinking about trying it on the next trip. Are the Comedians pretty tame or does it get racey?
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is an excellent question...I have wondered the same.

I am sure someone will be along to fill us in...
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

we went there last year and it wasn't anything too extreme... the comedy was hysterical, but nothing too raunchy. although that was the only time i had been there. seeing as the show is different every night because its an improv place, i'm sure some nihgts can be worse than others especially since no kids are allowed... someone else will know better than i. can't wait to go again though, it was a lot of fun and we had sooo many laughs!
    -Corey-

Excuse me? Are you lookin' at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so, not right now. You're getting your wishes, so sit down!

Post Thanks / Like

Last time I was there they were pretty tame. It's still Disney... I've heard from friends however that it's pretty much not worth going anymore. They said the show is shorter than it's ever been, drinks were outrageous, and the comedians weren't funny at all.

I don't bother much with Pleasure Island anymore. When they opened it up to just needing a ticket to get into the clubs, not the area, they pretty much put up a red flag for me. I'm not at all interested in spending cash to find out it's horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love Disney, I must say that I am not a huge fan of the Comedy Warehouse. (I also don't like Whose Line, so maybe that has something to do with it since it is in the same style). It's generally not too adult, there's certainly innuendo, but as it's Disney it's not too explict. I am friends with some of the comedians who work there occasionally (they usually find their home across the street at the Adventurer's Club, which I think is fantastic), and Comedy Warehouse can be really hit or miss. Unfortunately, I've generally missed. The shows are 20min-30min, I believe, and I'm sure the drink prices are high, but they are on property in general. I'm not sure how ticketing at PI works anymore, it seems to change monthly, but you may be able to buy 1 ticket and visit the CW and AC, so that if you don't like one you can go to the other (you should definately try the AC- I really do love it, and there are many other fans on the bord). I got way off topic from your original question, but thought I would give you my opinion. Sorry if it was confusing!
    "One can't believe impossible things."
    "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

3/21 & 3/22/07- Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea!

Post Thanks / Like

The Comedy Club was a great time when I went.
    It's all improv and they start off with audience suggestions sometimes. My sister and I really enjoyed it. There's some mild innuendo but no language to worry about. She actually took her 13 year old son back the next night for the first two shows. There is no minimum purchase either. We had 2 Sprites and a bag of popcorn for 6 bucks total.

The Adventurer's Club is right across the street and that is also a lot of fun.

I'll definately be going back to both on my next trip and taking my Dad with me.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for helping us out and giving us some good info. We didn't realize the AC was also a comedy club. Think we may try that one.
    Disneylove you didn't confuse us at all. thank you for your post.
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DISFREAKS View Post
    Thanks so much for helping us out and giving us some good info. We didn't realize the AC was also a comedy club. Think we may try that one.
    Disneylove you didn't confuse us at all. thank you for your post.

We did the Comedy Club once and we go back to the Adventurer's Club over and over again. I think that says it all

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on what night you go, what skit they're doing, who's there (comedians), and what people shout out. The comedians don't curse, but I've been to hilarious shows that were much more than just inneundo and mild suggestions about adult topics, and others have been tame. It can be hit or miss because it's improv, but it's always a great time. AC can be the same when they're not doing a scripted show like in the Library or the Mask or Treasure Room. We never miss either, though!
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

I find it to be pretty tame, but we've never gone with a child. We were there one time for an earlier show and they were taking ideas from the audience. A young girl (about 14 years old) shouted out something that was somewhat offensive (a specific word that has been in the news a lot lately regarding the tv show Grey's Anatomy). The nice folks on stage handled this very well...they simply said "that's not very Disney is it?" and moved on with the show.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on the audience. Usually, the comedian will ask a funny story from the audience. When they asked my cousin Bobby one time, they got one hell of a story. The place was a riot and after the show people kept on stopping him and mentioning that they reconized him from the club. From what I heard, it's tame...which is understandable...but you think by going to PI to escape the kiddie stuff, it's a bit annoying when you're trying to be an adult they're kids everywhere.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOVE Improve and recommend Warehouse AND AC

The performers at the comedy warehouse are VERY tame and will also tame a rowdy audience. Usually the earlier the show, the less "rowdy" (ok, drunk) the audience is.
    I'm also a huge fan of one of the female performers who is also the voice of, like, everything else in Disney (illuminations, etc.)
    AC is also tamer earlier in the evening. Here you can interact face to face with the performers and go into various stand-up performances. I've heard MUCH racier things here but never in poor taste, just innuendos. And you'll NEVER hear bad words anywhere. I think it funnier in how they avoid saying raunchy things.
    07-08 Prem Annual Pass-logged 27 days!
    06 Off Prop- Renaissance
    06 PC
    06 Off Prop-DTD
    05 Off Prop- DTD
    05 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    04 WL
    03 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    02 College Program
    99 ASM
    96 Off Property-Magic Music Days
    94 POR (Dixiel Landings forever)