Quantcast Haunted Mansion Refurb. - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I rode it on Tuesday, and I agree that it's desperate for a referb, particularly the soundtrack.

Now, if only WDW started taking better care of their attractions, they wouldn't have to wait until the rides got to this condition before shutting them down for so long...
    Proud big sister of liloloveselvis!

1987: Contemporary; 1990: Disney Inn; 1992: Port Orleans; 1993: off-site; 1996: Carribean Beach Resort; 1998: Carribean Beach Resort; 2006: POFQ; 2007: Coronado Springs; 2007: POFQ
    Plus many one-day trips.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What exactly are they doing during the refurb?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Do the refurbs ever get done ahead of schedule? I'm going to be at WDW the last week in August. Any chance we could luck out?

Post Thanks / Like

They rarely announce what they are going to do during a refurb. IF they add what was added in the Disneyland HM, you will ALL be amazed. It is truly astounding, and does not intrude at ALL into the classic version of the ride (well, not much anyway. Let's just say is does change the storyline somewhat). There are a few surprises, but you will LOVE them, I promise.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JERSEYDISFAN View Post
    You'll notice those of us going in October are not saying a thing! But, I'll guarantee you one thing - something else we want to see will be closed while we are there. It's part of the price for the "magic" folks.
    I totally disagree. People like me and hundreds of others plan ahead, and we save up and spend a considerable amount of money on our Disney vacation.

We do this while we forego other vacation spots like Gatlinburg, beaches, or other parks. We do this with an expectation that with the good money we spend on these parks, that we will be able to see and do what we pay for, especially during the peak times of the year.

I don't see why they can't do some sort of round the clock work on it during the less busy times of the year when many of their patrons are in school, not at the parks.
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well not to sound selfish, but I'm glad they settled on this time period. We're going the first week in May and then not again until October and December, so it'll be open for all of our trips.

I'm excited to see what they do with it ... it is just so desperately in need of some TLC!!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    What exactly are they doing during the refurb?
    Officially, it is just routine maintenance and cosmetic work.

Unofficially, it is adding some new effects and maybe a new scene. The latter being based off of some concept art that was internally published, but it was just concept art so it may not be completed.
    Figment! aka Jason șoș
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

We can only get down there once a year and for us it will be this August so I am seriously bumming about the news. On the other hand, the ride is in serious need of some TLC, so although I will miss my beloved Mansion this trip, I know next year when I go it will be even better then before.
    Lisa
    November 2013 GF
    September /October 2012 AoA
    August 2012 Pop
    November 2011 PORFQ
    May 2010 WL
    October / November 2008 PORFQ
    August 2007 PORFQ
    July 2006 WL
    October 2005 Pop
    August 2004 POR FQ
    October 2003 ASM
    June 2000 CS
    July 1999 CB
    May 1997 Off site
    June 1996 POR FQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    Like said above, they want it ready for the Halloween festivities.

I wouldn't mind a Haunted Mansion Holiday!
    I Totally Agree! Would love to see this myself at Christmastime. The soundtrack for DL's version is on soundofmagic.com and it's really good. We will be going in November so we should be able to see the refurbed HM, Three Cabelleros, Laugh Floor, and the refurbed Maelstrom. I am definately excited. I still have yet to see the refurbed small world as well.
    2014 POR Alligator Bayou & Beach Club.
    1978-2007 Several Visits off Property.

"Come to the Tiki Room...No one ever takes a Siesta"

"Parents hold your kids by the hair and we're clear"

"I am happy to see they brought back Orange Bird!!"

Post Thanks / Like

I think we come the closest to being lucky - we will be in the MK june 4th! I just hope that IASW will be up and runnnig - last time we went it was in refurbs. and I was very disappointed that my kids never got the privelege of having that song stuck in their heads all day. Pretty much I expect that whenever we go there will be something down - we just hope it is not one of our favorites!

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Disneyland last September
    and they had the Haunted Mansion,Mattor Horn,
    Monorail, and the Train down for rehab.
    All in one day.
    I was kind of disappointed.
    Looking Forward to the Future...
    Nah its not easy, No one said it would be,But look behind ya, yeah im still here ;-)

aka/Piratesrider

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that they decide to close a very popular attraction during the first summer of the newly created, more expensive, "summer" resort season?
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it ironic that they decide to close a very popular attraction during the first summer of the newly created, more expensive, "summer" resort season?

It is a bit strange but very much needed. I think they want to have it ready for Halloween as stated above. It gives alot of weight to the rumours about 2 updated scenes the on-ride photo and gift shop rumours because of the length of the rehab.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "SULLEY "RULES!! View Post
    We just love this ride.. My husband and myself will be headed to Disney in November from the 7th thru the 17th....can't wait!!!!! Looking forward to some rehab on the HM...
    We'll be there at the same time (Nov 8-15 for us)!
    My whole family loves this ride...I can understand why they want to have it ready for Halloween.
    If everyone is lucky, perhaps they will decide to decorate it for Christmas like they do at Disneyland (one of the best holiday displays I have ever seen - Nightmare Before Christmas themed).
    Karen
    California Dreamin' with "JustCallMePhil"

WDW - 2002 OFF SITE
    Disneyland - Many, Many times
    DCL & WDW at POP- Nov 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

The timing *is* a bit odd, (Why not start in Jan., for example) but there's no doubt refurbishment is much needed. Our last 'ride' was in Nov., and the 'soundtrack' was just awful. It will just seem strange going an entire summer without my beloved HM.

(It's my most sincere wish that they do away with those tacky day-glo spiders and webs once and for all)

Looking forward to October.
    "It's the circle of life... and it moves us all..."

Post Thanks / Like

It figures, it's one of our favorites and it'll be down in August!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, i can see the gift shop and where it would go in, BUT they don't need another gift shop with no storage space when they already have shops in that land with stock flowing into the store. It's not where the store would go that i don't see, it's where would the stockroom be. those poor stockers, not enough room...
    once there was a princess who never let her imagination stop her from dreaming up scenes and stories as she walked around the park.
    so if you ever see someone talking to herself, that would be me.

Celestria
    p.s. i may be a disney fan, but i can't spell.

Post Thanks / Like

I am really excited about this. I think we have all expressed our concern over the condition of the HM, and the good thing is, Disney is listening! Yes, it is a huge dissapointment that it will be closed for the summer, but it only makes me that much more anxious to plan my next trip to go and see the improved HM! Sometimes, when you have been to Disney a hundred times, and know every ride bit by bit, it is nice to go and see a change. I know not everyone like the change to JITYI, and I for one am a very nostalgic person, so I really do hate change, but this past September riding the new ride for the first time, I enjoyed the change, I still miss the old ride, but it was fun to see somthing totally different. Plus, lets face it, that was never one of my more favorite rides anyway, but I would never suggest completely changing HM or any of the other really popular rides. Just some cleaning and updating is fine with me!!
    Hold on to your hats, cuz this here's the wildest ride in the west!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hating the fact that this is coming out, but I'm actually glad I can't afford to go this year, because we were thinking about going the week after labor day and that's one of my favorite rides and my BF's never been there.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Haunted Mansion Closing for Refurb or Not? Read On...

I called the WDW hotline number and spoke to a cast member who checked the refurb list for me for the summertime, and she claimed nothing was being majorly refurbished in Magic Kingdom during the summer months. I'm sad that Haunted Mansion is closing for the time I'm there, but I guess I will get over it! Anyway know why its closing for refurb? I heard awhile back they're redirecting the queue area, and maybe fixing the sound system.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: