Quantcast The Bounds Do Tokyo Disney - Day 4 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the picture of your boys with Stitch! And the Splash Mtn. Picture is so cute also! You guys are really making some great memories! Can't wait to read more!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    They're almost as popular as those Gyoza dogs they sell over in Tokyo DisneySea.
    I meant to ask you, is that what they sell from a cart there on the walkway from Mermaid Lagooon into Mysterious Island? There was always a loooong line there!

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I meant to ask you, is that what they sell from a cart there on the walkway from Mermaid Lagooon into Mysterious Island? There was always a loooong line there!
    Yes, that would be where the famous Gyoza Sausage Bun cart is located (the cart itself is right there at Mysterious Island and the line usually runs between there and Mermaid Lagoon).

Easily the most popular food item at any of the parks worldwide (if judged by the lines from park opening to closing). During mid-day the line can be well over an hour wait for a food cart! (and all they sell are the "Gyoza Dogs" and drinks- nothing else).

I guess one difference you will find with the Tokyo resort in general though is that you won't find as many of those portable outdoor vending carts on the walkways as you would here in the US (same goes for even things like trashcans)- so the walkways aren't cluttered.

What is a Gyoza Sausage Bun (aka Gyoza Dog?) Well, it's basically a cross between gyoza (a type of dumpling or what you might be more familiar with as "pot-stickers") and a hot dog so it's a piece of sausage that's put in a large gyoza style wrapper. I think they're around 400 yen or about $3.50 in US dollars so they do make for a reasonably priced snack.

I'm not exaggerating about the wait- just imagine seeing a churro cart where there were those signs up that said "the wait time from this point is 90 minutes" and they had attendants walking up and down the line asking people how many churros they were interested in having so they could radio ahead to the cart to let them plan and prepare.

It's easily the most talked about thing in DisneySea and when planning your day at the park you send one person off to grab Tower of Terror fastpasses while the other goes to stand in line for a Gyoza dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed your reports! My oldest is obssessed with the Pooh rides and is asking to go to Tokyo to ride Pooh's Hunny Hunt!
    Sounds like a wonderful trip!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    I'm not exaggerating about the wait
    No, you're not! I figured that's what that cart was. We'll have to try one next time.

Glad we had our popcorn to keep us happy!

You mention the cart selling only the Gyoza Dogs and drinks. What we found very interesting (or more annoying) is that drinks weren't available at any of the popcorn carts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Chip ‘n Dale are gods at Tokyo Disneyland. They were by far the most represented characters all over the parks, in all kinds of outfits. The Japanese just love them, and can you blame 'em?
    Yeehaw! That's as it should be!

Wow, another wonderful day for you and the boys, Mel! Thanks so much for letting all of us live the experience through your reports.
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Another AMAZING day... one picture is better than the next (loved the garden at night)!

Wished they had the refillable popcorn buckets and different flavors at WDW! DS would love that!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your report.
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I am loving your reports! Thanks for giving us the chance to see it all.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

another great day!! i dont even know what to comment on..it really sounds like you guys are having an absolute wonderful time in tokyo disney!!! and again i thank you so much for sharing this with us...cuz im sure many of us will never get the chance to experience it!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another amazing day! I am really enjoying traveling with your family.

I loved the picture on Splash Mountain, you guys are braver than me. I can't make myself take my hands off the bar.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Great report..........

I am glad to hear that Josh has such great taste......

To prove how cool it really was, Josh (my almost 9 year old boy – not your typical Pooh audience) loved it and couldn’t stop talking about it. The bouncing with Tigger was his favorite part.

Yea sound like a great kid...

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtTigger View Post
    Great report..........

I am glad to hear that Josh has such great taste......

To prove how cool it really was, Josh (my almost 9 year old boy – not your typical Pooh audience) loved it and couldn’t stop talking about it. The bouncing with Tigger was his favorite part.

Yea sound like a great kid...

Bret, you would LOVE this ride!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: