Quantcast *Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default *Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 1

Tuesday March 13

Me, 35
    DH, 37
    DD, 7
    DFIL
    DFIL's fiance (They are staying in their RV just outside WDW. They are not sure how many days they will be doing WDW with us yet!)

We spent Monday night in Dallas to catch our early flights out of DFW today. We were up at 4 and the airport shuttle picked us up at 5. My flight (DD and DH were on a separate flight...I used my American Airlines miles and couldn't get on the same flight!) was at 6:40am. An hour and 30 minutes later, we actually took off due to mechanical problems! So I ended up landing a mere 20 minutes before them at 11:30!

I have been really nervous about this trip. We are spoiled to "off peak" visits, and this is our first spring break trip. When I saw the huge groups headed for DME at the airport, I was REALLY scared. Turns out it was 500 high school seniors on a senior trip, but they were getting picked up by the cruise bus and headed to sea!

When I got in the line to the All Stars it was about noon and the line was HUGE, but I was in the front of it! After stopping at Sports and Music, I was in Movies check in line (beat that crowd too!) by 1:00. My room was ready in 20 minutes. Herbie Love Bug bldg 6. We headed up and unpacked. We met up with DFIL and his fiance at 2:00 in the food court, where I had to have a small bite to eat (my plain biscuite at 5am from DFW was long gone!). So I got a PB&J crustable and we headed to MK! (DH & DD ate at MCO...they just couldn't wait!)

We were the only ones on the bus, which arrived in seconds of us getting to the stop. Why? Because everyone and their brother was already at MK! We walked in just as the 3:00 parade was starting, so we stopped outside the train tunnel and watched.

Then off to POTC! 40 min. wait. LOVE this as always. When we came out, Capt. Jack was doing his tutorial. I wanted to watch, but the lines around were already about 7 people deep! I wonder if it may become necessary to put this on an elevated stage due to it's popularity???

Next, we were off to HM! 40 min wait, went a little longer. As tradition seems to mandate, we broke down just as we "fall out the window" before the cemetery scene??? Oh well, it kept us on the ride longer!

Then on to dinner as it was 6:00 (yes, we got to MK at 3, and by six had seen the parade and only ridden two rides!) DD and DH were getting a little antsy, but I reminded them that we knew going into this that it was spring break and we should just resolve that there would be crowds. Anyway, we head to Columbia Harbour House. I love the tuna here, but I am really leary of eating anything but bland food, as I have been having gallbladder problems lately. So I opted for the grilled chicken kids meal (grilled chicken chunks, cheese cubes, and grapes). No problems, no pains!! Everyone else loved their sandwiches and chowder!

After dinner, we headed to IASM. After enduring, I mean enjoying that we were off to Philharmagic. I had so much fun watching DFIL and his fiance watch this! They were blown away by the great effects!

Next, a quick spin on the carousel, Snow White, then while the others went off to use FP's for Splash that we had gotten earlier, I decided to ride the train and try to catch up with Main St. Jim b/c he had told me he was working today, but alas, I missed him.

Met up with the family for Wishes and Spectromagic, made the obligatory stop at the Main St. Confectionary (DH got fudge, DD got a Rice Krispie Mickey Head, but I declined. On top of the fear of digestive issues this trip, I knocked my crown on my tooth loose right before we left home! So needless to say, no caramel apple for me! We stumbled out of the park at 11:00. Now it is 1:00am and I am about to drop. DH will post some pictures, and I will report more tomorrow after our day at Epcot!

*Highlight of the day- besides arrival of course, it would have to be during Spectromagic. Mary Poppins was walking by, and DD yelled to her. She came over and took DD's hand. My DD just had to tell her that her cell phone ring tone is "Spoonful of Sugar"! Mary was VERY impressed!

*Funniest moment of the day- When at the airport baggage claim, a family was looking for DME. They asked for directions, but they didn't seem to understand. I told them they could follow me if they want. They declined (the man said, "I am not going to listen to some stranger who doesn't know anymore than I do!" and I watched them get on the escalator to Chili's by security instead of enter Terminal B! Hey, I tried!!

*Purchases of the day- I may have to mark this on the calendar, but we were too tired to shop today!!! We got nothing!! I am sure I will rectify this situation SOON!!

*Plan for tomorrow- Epcot!

PICTURES: Click here
    Last edited by Christine; 03-14-2007 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Added pictures
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting Christine. Enjoyed your report and the pictures.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, a live trip report! I know what you mean about fearing crowds, we usually go in September, and the last two times have been right after hurricanes and the parks have been empty. I'm so glad to be able to read your report as we prepare to stay over Memorial Day Weekend.

That silly man in the airport; I hope his attitude adjusted when he arrived on property or it might be a rough week for him

Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see things have started out right. Next time get somebody to take your picture too. Don't worry about the party at your house, Alex and I are making sure everything is nice and secure.

Waiting for the Epcot report. (Hope you didn't get up too early.)
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Christine! Your first day sounds and looks like it was a lot of fun! Remember to kidnap, er, um, I mean borrow Stitch for me! Can't wait to read more!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Your DD is so cute!!!

Great pics and a wonderful report. We stayed in herbie too when we stayed at ASM and loved it. Let me know if you see any bunnies and amardillo's there. My DS loved that resort.

Can't wait to hear about Epcot.

The parade pics were fantastic. We didn't watch it last trip clearly we need to make some time for this!!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your day with us Christine! Your trip report makes me want our trip to get here sooner, only 37 daays for us!

Even with the crowds, you still get a good day in! Got to love that Disney MAGIC!
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Christine, glad you all made it safe and sound to WDW and had such a fun first day. But what a LONG first day... you woke up at 4:00 am (5:00 Eastern), spent a day at MK and were still posting at 1-something this morning. I want some of that pixie dust! LOL

Thanks for sharing with us! We'll be thinking of you today as you tour Epcot!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

That first day in the Magic Kingdom is always wonderful - regardless of the crowds!

Hopefully, your gall bladder and tooth will cooperate for the rest of your trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! Glad you could get on a couple things! Your daughter is cute as ever. We always get stuck on that same part of HM ever since I was a kid!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't worry with the crowds!

Hey, Glad you made it, loved reading the report. Sounds like the fun has begun. Tell DH to just go with the flow of the crowd. "Remember your in Disney, not East TX." Gonna get Mickey today. HAVE FUN!!!

Post Thanks / Like

TErrific Christine! Thanks for sharing (The parade looked remarkably uncrowded!??). I look forward to the rest of your holiday.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    (The parade looked remarkably uncrowded!??).
    I was thinking the same thing!

Thanks so much for sharing, can't wait to hear about Epcot!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a great time despite the spring break crowds. I'm hooked now,thanks for the report!
    1st trip to WDW Offsite-1994
    All Star Sports-June 1999
    Coronado Springs-February 26-March 4th 2007(solo trip)
    Can't wait to go back..

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good start to your trip.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

What a long, but great, first day Christine! Love the pics, your daughter is so adorable!
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    TErrific Christine! Thanks for sharing (The parade looked remarkably uncrowded!??). I look forward to the rest of your holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeysworld View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!

Thanks so much for sharing, can't wait to hear about Epcot!

Thanks for sharing!!! Makes me wish Dec. was much closer!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I've only seen the pirate tutorial at Disneyland - but it sounds the same. They really do need to delegate a better viewing option. It's hard to see(enjoy) if you're not right up front.

we were off to Philharmagic. I had so much fun watching DFIL and his fiance watch this! They were blown away by the great effects!
    My favorite. I love watching the audience. You can always tell the first timers.

Sounds like you're off to a great start. Don't let those crowds get ya down.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Plane problems & crowds notwithstanding, it sounds like a great first day. Hopefully the crowds will not prevent you from enjoying your stay. I would also agree with the Pirate Tutorial - we never saw it because we couldn't "see" it (if that makes sense).
    *Purchases of the day- I may have to mark this on the calendar, but we were too tired to shop today!!! We got nothing!! I am sure I will rectify this situation SOON!!
    WOW! I'm sure you'll make up for it sooner than later. Great pics! Looking forward to Day 2!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

yay!! live trip reports..sounds like a pretty good travel day...cant wait to hear about the rest of the trip!! hope your having a good time!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: