Quantcast may crowds and birthday

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default may crowds and birthday

Hello all. We are planning a trip May 5th (my 31st birthday) through the 11th. What will the crowds be like and how can I make my birthday at Disney even more exciting? ( I really pushed to be there on b-day to DH )

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been to WDW numerous times during early May. The weekends tend to get pretty crowded, especially at the MK. The week days are relatively empty with little or no waiting. I think it is one of the best times to go.
    As far as your birthday, make sure you get a birthday button and let everyone know it is your birthday!!!! If you are outgoing with the CM's, they will really be responsive to you. Have a great birthday!!!!!
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

How do I get a birthday button?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abdcsl View Post
    How do I get a birthday button?
    Either at your resort at check in or at guest relations in any of the parks.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday early!

If you stop at guest relations at any of the parks and tell them that it's your birthday, they will give you a birthday pin with your name on it. You won't believe the attention that you will get! CM's will say happy birthday to you all day.

We were at Epcot and a CM in Mexico gave my husband, who had on his birthday pin, a churro for free! It was very nice. Enjoy!

Many, many visits since 1973....

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Happy Birthday.

Guest relations at any of the parks and even at DTD have the buttons. Whether a birthday, just married, anniversary or first time visit button wearer, you get lots of attention and sometimes some free stuff. Don't assume anything - we received one free dessert while on our anniversary trip meanwhile the year before we got something free or special at every place we went for our honeymoon.

We will probably see you in there. DH and I are heading down for 5 days - need to get away - for our first May trip 5/7-11.

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

If you are making any ADRs, let them know as well that it is your birthday. You may be surprised at what happens at the restaurants. We were married at the point at the polynesian in July of last year, we wore our wedding pins everywhere. We got front of the line service at SM, and received three free FP to other rides, we got a free set of champagne glasses at CRT, we got a free glass of champagne at the concourse steakhouse. We were congratulated everywhere by lots of castmembers. It was great. However, if you are a quiet, reserved person who is uncomfortable with the attention, just keep it to yourself. Anyway, enjoy your trip and happy birthday. Maybe we will see you there, we will be there the 6th-18th of May!!
    Last edited by dolphinmickey9170; 03-16-2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We were in WDW for my DD's 7th birthday. Went to MGM in the morning, Epcot in the afternoon and HDDR for dinner - so we picked up birthday badges for her at three parks (stopped by MK on the boat ride from HDDR after dinner).
    The best was Epcot because Goofy called her with a HB message. I have a picture of her face on the call - pure joi.
    Also, HDDR was great because they recognize birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile see you there...

Quote Originally Posted by abdcsl View Post
    Hello all. We are planning a trip May 5th (my 31st birthday) through the 11th. What will the crowds be like and how can I make my birthday at Disney even more exciting? ( I really pushed to be there on b-day to DH )
    Well, there will be at least 3 of us in the park with you! Our family of 3 will be there May 6-12th. It's a week right in the middle between my 36th birthday and DS's 9th birthday. (AGGGHHH...last year with child rates at WDW ) From what I hear it isn't too terribly crowded that time of year, and times like that are getting harder and harder to find at WDW. Anyway, happy birthday to you and perhaps I will see you there! (50 more days according to my Intercot countdown clock!! )
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McGoofy View Post
    Well, there will be at least 3 of us in the park with you! Our family of 3 will be there May 6-12th.
    Well, you can move that number closer to a dozen. Our party of 5 will also be there May 6-12th, also celebrating a birthday . This the first trip for our kids, and our oldest (DD will be turning 4 while we are there.

But maybe we shouldn't be talking about this. Want to keep the crowds down...
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

We have also done early May in the past and found the weekdays to be fairly light in terms of crowds. Granted, crowds at Disney parks are a relative term! Even though it may be light for Disney, it will certainly be busy compared to many other places.

Weekends in May do tend to be fairly full but not horribly so.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crowds

Considering my first visit to MK was on July 3rd when I was 8 years old and I begged not to go back the next day....relative crowding is ok Thanks for all the feedback. I love to chat on Intercot to get pumped about my trips.
    abdcsl
    Pop Sept 2006
    Pop May 2007 (surprise for DS age 5)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: