Quantcast Much MUCH pixie dust...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Much MUCH pixie dust...

Today my sisters and I got an email from my dad saying that we probably aren't going to disney this year, b/c of financial problems that just arose. Needless to say, I am devastated. My older sister, rebecca, hasn't found out yet, she just dropped me off at school and is heading back to her school, but I'm sure she will be devastated too, and my younger sister, anna, is upset as well. I feel awful for my dad. He loves disney as much as us. It makes him sick that he has to cancel it. I haven't stopped crying for the past 15 minutes. Disney is such an important part of our lives... so special. We are going to need a lot of pixie dust to get through this...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

on the way.

I know how you are feeling. We had to hold off going to WDW this year also because of financial matters. DD's gymnastics is just hitting us really deep in the pockets with her training and competions. DW and I were actually talking about trying to make a trip this year today at DD's competion. We may be able to slip a trip in if I can get a little more side work, but there is know guarantee that the work will pick-up.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Here is some pixie dust from CA!
    We are in the same situation. We go every year to WDW and cannot afford to do so this year. My thought are with you.
    Jodi șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I know how disappointed you all are

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Feel for you. It's a common problem for many... Cherish the thoughts and memories from your previous trips. Maybe have a Disney Party on one of the weekends you would have traveled. Play some Disney board games or that Disney DVD Trivia game. Not the same but enjoy those memories!
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are with you that you can go again really, really soon. I've been trying to go for the past 8 years, finally we're going...but that is after 8 years of planning and then having those plans fold due to financial reasons.

My thoughts are with you, ihavealipfreckle.

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

pogo Guest

We were in the same situation this year. We wanted to go but we didn't have the money. Then I worked my tail off, pulled out a couple of business deals.

We still had our trip on hold untill we attended four funerals in five weeks. I said enough is enough, were going.

Good luck to your family. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Pixie Dust

PA Pixie Dust on its way to you.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel. DH and I have been planning a Disney trip for this August since last March. We invited my parents and younger sister to join us. It was supposed to be a celebration of the fact that I'm finally done school and made it through my first year of professional work (I work in a school so I have summer's off). In October my car died so a good deal of our savings account had to go to putting a down payment on a new used car for me. We figured it'd be a little tighter than we'd planned, but we'd still be able to do it with our tax refund and his bonus in February. Unfortunately his bonus in February was less than expected because his store didn't do as well as anticipated during the holidays and he had to use a good portion of that for maintanence on his car. Then we found out that not only were we not going to be getting a refund this year (long complicated story), but we'd be paying instead, so there went the rest of the savings account. So now it looks like we'll be going in August of 2008 instead, but it is a disappointment.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Sending I know it's hard. We skipped many years when I was in school and they were all in school too.
    Hope things start looking better soon.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry about your trip. We had to cancel our Feb. 06 trip and rescheduled for April 07. I thought it was a LOOOONG time away but it came up fast. Maybe you can pick a future date to ook forward to?
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, keep sending that pixie dust!!! I think it is working as we might be able to salvage the trip. My dad is so weird... I think its going to be we either don't go at all or we go full out, my dad seems to be refusing to compromise anywhere (he's used to getting what he wants, lol).

Anyway, keep that pixie dust coming!!!

Thanks.
    Star light, star bright,
    first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
    and all our wishes,
    will come true.

Post Thanks / Like

It's working, it's working!

We may still be going. Maybe. My dad is seeing what he can do. Thank you all so much and please keep sending the pixie dust as it appears to be doing its job

Post Thanks / Like

More pixie dust coming your way. I'm going in August, but I'm still not sure if my sister, BIL's and nephew are going to be able to go. Even if I have to go alone, I'll still have fun.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: