Quantcast "Free Dining Plan 2007" Semi-Rumour - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

8/26 seems like a late start especially since they rolled Value season back to 8/5. And 9/22 an early stop...

Booking dates on the rumor sound off as well. I'd expect a Saturday announcement for the Visa people (3/31 or 4/7) and to the public on Tuesday. Helps balance the reservationists time.

Like others, I was hoping for a non-food based discount to influence me to take a late summer trip. Each TS seems to take 2-3 hours out of your day. Hit a CS and add 5-6 attractions to your day...
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hypothetical Question

If anyone has insight into this it would be helpful: If I booked a vacation that started before the free DDP beginning date,but ran through the free DDP time period, would I start the free DDP when it began - 0r-would I have to pay for the first few days? What does anybody out there think? (Trying to plan my resrevations for our trip! ) Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
    Ugh. I was really hoping that Disney would skip the free dining this year. DH and I have been planning our trip this September for almost a year now and I was really looking forward to going during (what is supposed to be) one of the 'least crowded' times of the year. I'm not trying to offend anyone here who is hoping for free dining, I was just looking forward to a less crowded time - especially at the restaurants.

It's still one of the least crowded times of the year. Crowds are back to WDW yearround, but Sept. is by far the least crowded still, free dining or not.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousaholic View Post
    If anyone has insight into this it would be helpful: If I booked a vacation that started before the free DDP beginning date,but ran through the free DDP time period, would I start the free DDP when it began - 0r-would I have to pay for the first few days? What does anybody out there think? (Trying to plan my resrevations for our trip! ) Thanks!

In this case, you would need two reservations. One that begins when you arrive and for which you don't have the dining plan and the second which would coincide with the beginning of the dining plan offer. Otherwise, the terms and conditions of your stay are governed by the date you check in. If you don't have the dining plan when you check in, you don't have it for the duration of your stay.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

as i said, i would rather have a good discount on the resort. but i would have to figure the cost both ways.
    considering right after Labor Day for my birthday, or late Sept to start my stay at the end of value season n catch the first of F&W fest. but at the end i wouldnt get the free dining. mayb Visa will offer a room discount
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    In this case, you would need two reservations. One that begins when you arrive and for which you don't have the dining plan and the second which would coincide with the beginning of the dining plan offer. Otherwise, the terms and conditions of your stay are governed by the date you check in. If you don't have the dining plan when you check in, you don't have it for the duration of your stay.
    What if I had paid out of pocket for the dining plan for the two days that I was there before free dining begins? I know this is very hypothetical but I am trying to figure out all of my options. I don't really want to make two reservations because of the way that tickets are sold.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mis-understood

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    PLEASE!!! Only make ADR's for those places you are going to dine on each day! Part of the hassle with making ADR's is that there are a number of people who book more than one restaurant for any given day/night/meal.

If you make an ADR, then someone else cannot book those seats. So, if you book 3 ADR's for the same night, you are effectively keeping 2 other people from booking their ADR.
    I'm sorry if i was mis-understood, but I meant more than usualy, I was only planning to make ADR's for about 2-3 of my meals, but with this dining I was asking if I should make ADR's for nearly all of my meals. I would never make ADR's for more than one place and shut other people out, that's terrible.
    Mar. '04- Spring Break~ Pop Century
    Sept. '07- Honeymoon~ AKL
    Oct. '08- Coronado Springs
    Christmas '10- Wilderness Lodge
    Nov. '12- PO: FQ
    Sept. '14- Caribbean Beach
    May '15- PO: Riverside
    Nov. '16- Coronado Springs
    Nov. '17- Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. '18- 1st Trip as DVC Owner- Boulder Creek

Post Thanks / Like

O.K......Everybody take a deep breath and read the information below:

Rumor
    Pronunciation: 'rü-m&r
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English rumour, from Anglo-French, from Latin rumor clamor, gossip; akin to Old English rEon to lament, Sanskrit rauti he roars
    1 : talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
    2 : a statement or report current without known authority for its truth
    3 archaic : talk or report of a notable person or event

As stated in the original post, all dates and avaibility of the free DDP are subject to change before the official announcment. So don't plan your vacation around the free DDP until you are sure that it will be offered. You'll just have to wait a couple more weeks!
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

We have taken addvantage of the free dining the past two yeas in September and both years the crowds were very lite in September, the only downfall is that the restraunts were a bit busy. The parks though were quiet as usuall with very limited lines.

Last year they offered the free dining discount originally and around June a room only discount was also offered for the same time period. I was told this was because even with free dining not all the hotels filled as they wished.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping it would start about 10 days earlier than this, since we already have our trip booked! It would be hard to change the dates because I planned it around which week I have to do payroll! And since I don't have anyone trained as backup, there isn't anyone who could cover for me.
    Hummmm, I guess I need to work on that! It's nice to be needed, but what if anything should happen to me? Like if I was awarded a stay in the castle and had to extend my trip?
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella View Post
    I'm sorry if i was mis-understood, but I meant more than usualy, I was only planning to make ADR's for about 2-3 of my meals, but with this dining I was asking if I should make ADR's for nearly all of my meals. I would never make ADR's for more than one place and shut other people out, that's terrible.
    Sorry, I wasn't directing this comment at you, but rather those who would suggest people make multiple ADR's on the same night just so they have options when they arrive. Although a great idea in purpose, in practice it just cuts the number of available ADR's for everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

i know someone had mentioned the Disney Visa special offer site being down and was hoping it was cause they were getting ready for an announcment. they sent out an email that they were updated. it was just about offer for 20% off at disneyshopping. nothing much else new.....yet at least
    how many want free dining and how many would rather have a room discount? i guess it would depend on how many people and how much of a difference on rack rate vs discounted room. for me it would probably b a solo trip, so id rather take the room discount.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    We have taken addvantage of the free dining the past two yeas in September and both years the crowds were very lite in September, the only downfall is that the restraunts were a bit busy. The parks though were quiet as usuall with very limited lines.

Last year they offered the free dining discount originally and around June a room only discount was also offered for the same time period. I was told this was because even with free dining not all the hotels filled as they wished.

We went last Sept also and got to use the free dining plan. I wouldn't, in any way, shape, or form, call the parks crowded. The very longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes with most waits being 10 minutes or less (lots of walk ons in all parks) The restaraunts were a bit crowded, but the only significant waits that we had was at Whispering Canyon (20 minutes), Liberty Tree Tavern Character Meal (40 minutes, but something had gone wrong....it was still worth the wait) and Cap'n Jacks (15 minutes). The BBQ place at Animal Kingdom was the only CS that we had a long wait. Still had great service and great food almost everywhere.
    September 06--Pop Century Resort

September 08--Pop Century

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tony2979 View Post
    We went last Sept also and got to use the free dining plan. I wouldn't, in any way, shape, or form, call the parks crowded. The very longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes with most waits being 10 minutes or less (lots of walk ons in all parks) The restaraunts were a bit crowded, but the only significant waits that we had was at Whispering Canyon (20 minutes), Liberty Tree Tavern Character Meal (40 minutes, but something had gone wrong....it was still worth the wait) and Cap'n Jacks (15 minutes). The BBQ place at Animal Kingdom was the only CS that we had a long wait. Still had great service and great food almost everywhere.
    i would have to say as much as we enjoyed the free dining, i dont think it impacted the crowds at the parks, case in point, while we were there labor day week last year we walked on soarin and after it was over we were exiting and the cm yelled anyone wishing to ride again please grab a seat cause they didnt have enough people to fill the ride, so we sat down for another ride, it was awesome
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    PLEASE!!! Only make ADR's for those places you are going to dine on each day! Part of the hassle with making ADR's is that there are a number of people who book more than one restaurant for any given day/night/meal.

If you make an ADR, then someone else cannot book those seats. So, if you book 3 ADR's for the same night, you are effectively keeping 2 other people from booking their ADR.
    I didn't think it was possible to do this. I was told by CMs several times that their system won't allow you to book more than one place during a meal time for the very reason you stated. Since everything is linked to your phone number/reservation number they can keep close tabs on this. Was I misinformed??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBeetle View Post
    I didn't think it was possible to do this. I was told by CMs several times that their system won't allow you to book more than one place during a meal time for the very reason you stated. Since everything is linked to your phone number/reservation number they can keep close tabs on this. Was I misinformed??
    No I think that is correct, but if you only give them your phone number it would be possible to make reservations using your home phone, work phone and cell phone for example. There are always ways to get around a system, I think that most people are honest and would only take one ADR for each meal
    Rob Hinkle
    28 Visits to the Magical Vacation Kingdom of Disney World and counting!

Next Trips -
    December 2010 - WDW - Contemporary
    January 2011 - WDW - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Any insider updates out there? They announced Free DDP on Saturday April 1 last year (no fooling). Are Saturday announcement's normal? Are they staffing extra reservationists anytime soon?

Someone has to have the scoop...

C'mon massive room discounts! Free dining is ok too...
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Should i assume since it is so late to announce the free dining plan that the second rumor for arpil-june was just a rumor...
    1993-Off-site
    1995/1996-Caribbean Beach
    1997-Dixie Landing
    1998-Caribbean Beach
    1999-Coronado Springs
    2000-Grosvenor
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Caribbean Beach
    2005-POP/Coronado Springs
    2006/2007-POP
    2008/2009-Riverside
    2010 - Beach Club
    2011 - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post
    Should i assume since it is so late to announce the free dining plan that the second rumor for arpil-june was just a rumor...
    The April - June dates would be the booking window if the plan is offered.
    Rob Hinkle
    28 Visits to the Magical Vacation Kingdom of Disney World and counting!

Next Trips -
    December 2010 - WDW - Contemporary
    January 2011 - WDW - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming those dates are true:

We are tentively going Aug 20 - Aug 26, checking out on the 27th. Would we be able to get the free dinning since we will be staying at disney on the 26th ?

I'm pretty sure Disney will allow it, as long as one night is between those dates.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: