Quantcast *Not- so- Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 8 & 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default *Not- so- Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 8 & 9

Tuesday, March 20th

Me, 35
    DH, 37
    DD, 7

Well, I am home. But first, I will catch you up with my last day at Disney. We woke up around 9:00 and had breakfast in the food court at 10:00. We checked out at 11, then DH and DD went to DME to check in for their 11:30 pick up. I lost it! I couldn't bear to say goodbye to them even if I would see them the very next day! I decided I better get out of there before I went into hysterics.

Now, when I realized I couldn't fly home with them using my frequent flyer miles, and that I would have to extend my stay by one more day, MOvies said they had no room, so I booked at Music. I asked Movies if they could help get me and my luggage over to Music, and they said no. So I walked over, dragging my four bags, and when I checked in, they couldn't believe that MOvies had not moved me! Oh well...like walking a LITTLE BIT MORE was going to matter after this week!

My room was ready...WAY out in Broadway, the very back building, the furthest back row of rooms. There was nothing but woods around me, and the adjacent building (Country Fair) was vacant under construction. I had an eerie, very alone feeling and didn't like it.

I headed to MK. It was raining. The weather was very symbolic of my mood as I was so sad to be alone, and sad to be on my last day too!

Anyway, here is what I did...First, I met Main St. Jim! I feel badly b/c I interrupted him while he was so busy working, so I just shook his hand and let him be.
    Then, I went through Mickey and Minnie's house, got a FP for Pooh, rode Snow White, saw Philharmagic, was given a FP for Peter Pan by a lovely guest to use later, rode HM, POTC, IASW, and Peter Pan.

Around 3:00 I was getting hungry, so I went to Main Street Bakery and got a PB&J and a water. I went to the top of the train station and just watched the world go by. Then I went and watched cartoons in Exposition Hall. I took another spin on the TTA, rode Pooh with my FP and did the teacups.

I always thought I would love a solo trip. I was supposed to have one in January until my mother fell ill and I had to go to her. I realized in one day that I could not do a solo trip. I was so lonely, the park looked so different, and I missed my DD (fine, and my DH!) more than I can say! Several people asked me if I had gotten separated from my group, was I alone, and two CM's (when asking "how many in your party?" for a ride) said, "Just ONE???" I didnt' like this at all.

I was going to stay until Wishes, but just couldn't do it. I realized I had not ridden the monorail this trip, so I got on and went to the GF to see if they had the Mary Poppins book that I had seen in MGM and wished I had bought. Alas, they did not. But it was worth the trip to get to smell the fresh flowers in the lobby!! (see photos!)

I took the GF bus to DTD and did one more sweep through the shops. I really didn't buy that much this trip...a combination of little time to shop and not much new stuff since I was there in November. But I did take pictures of all our goodies (minus our t-shirts that are in the laundry!)

I got back to the room at 9, and called to see when DME would be picking me up for my flight in the morning. (since I checked in that day, they could not leave me a letter on my door???) I almost dropped when the man said they would be picking me up at 2:55 am! My flight was at 6! So I got a nice hot bath, made sure everything was laid out so I wouldn't forget anything, and went to bed at 10:45.

Pictures are here...
    http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...ad.php?t=99808
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Christine, parting certainly was sweet sorrow! Glad you're back with your family, even if it meant having to leave WDW.

What time zone did they mean when they said 2:55 am?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your sorrow Christine! That is an early morning (we had a 4:05 am one once!). I can't wait to see your pictures.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing all these reports! Glad you're home safely and reunited with your family!

Post Thanks / Like

EVen though you were alone and missing your family it still sounds like you had nice last day there! Once again loved the pics! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Oh,wow. Sorry that you didn't like having a day solo. Anyway,thanks for the report!
    1st trip to WDW Offsite-1994
    All Star Sports-June 1999
    Coronado Springs-February 26-March 4th 2007(solo trip)
    Can't wait to go back..

Post Thanks / Like

That is just way to early for me. I'd need a host of stitches to wake me up! Maybe even all 626 of them! Sorry you felt down on your alone day. But thank you for sharing it with all of us!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you didn't enjoy your solo touring! 3 a.m. is awfully early to catch a bus!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Except for sending the family home, a great day I'd say!! I know how it feels to send someone home.....DH sometimes comes with us for a few days, and sometimes he does not even come with us at all, so we miss him (a little bit -- but we practice our for when he picks us up at the airport, as we beg for another trip!!)

Glad you are home safe and sound. I've enjoyed your reports......makes me long for our trip in a little over a month!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

im sorry you felt so lonely...sounds like you still made a good day of it...thanx for sharing!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry your last day wasn't so great.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear that you did not like your solo time. The first time I went to a park alone I felt the same way. Now, I have to admit I love it.

I am off to read your final thoughts and look at pictures. Thanks for bringing us along on your trip!
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS