Quantcast Interview Ettiquette?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interview Ettiquette?

What to do? I applied for a job a few weeks ago. It's part time and the place is actually opening later in the summer. Basically I am interested because of some of the perks/benefits. Anyway, I received a call from someone in thier HR last last week. He was saying that I was ver qualified and sounded like just what they were looking for. He called me again Monday and asked if he could contact me the next day at a certain time to do a prelim phone interview. I said definitely! Then he didn't call! The posting is still there. Should I call him back to check on what's going on? I was thinking maybe I'd wait till Monday to do this. Or not call at all? I hate when people leave you hanging.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend giving him a call. This will show that you are interested in the job and that you are good in follow up. Best of luck!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

If you're interested in the job, I would call. Maybe something happened to the rep (got sick, had a family emergency) and he couldn't call as scheduled. Or maybe he just forgot to put you on his list.

It's a good way to learn a little more about the company, too. If he doesn't have a good reason for failing to call as scheduled, it might be an indication of management issues.

I wouldn't wait until Monday. You've already given him a couple of days.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely give a call - even if it is to find out more information about the job & company.

Maybe find out why this person thinks you are over qualified. When I've heard this before, it usually means that the company thinks you will get bored and quit. If you convince the company that you are interested in / enthusiastic about working for them - maybe they will think otherwise.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that the phrase that was used was "very qualified", but it's hard to tell because one letter in the post is missing. So how it is interpretted depends on what letter you use to fill in the blanks.

Call them ASAP! To follow phone call etiquette you would say that you thought you were told you would receive a call but perhaps you were mistaken and were asked to call. I don't think that in this case you need to do all that, though. Just stating that Mr. so and so promised to contact you for a phone interview and you have not received a call as of today should be fine. I think this is an unusual situation and straightening it out quickly will benefit you.

I hate to be left hanging too!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely call. I can tell you from experience that persistence pays off. Good Luck!
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Babe View Post
    I was under the impression that the phrase that was used was "very qualified", but it's hard to tell because one letter in the post is missing. So how it is interpretted depends on what letter you use to fill in the blanks.

Call them ASAP! To follow phone call etiquette you would say that you thought you were told you would receive a call but perhaps you were mistaken and were asked to call. I don't think that in this case you need to do all that, though. Just stating that Mr. so and so promised to contact you for a phone interview and you have not received a call as of today should be fine. I think this is an unusual situation and straightening it out quickly will benefit you.

I hate to be left hanging too!
    Yes, sorry! I am a poor typist. He did say I was very qualified; he did not give me the impression he thought I was over-qualified. Thanks everyone- I will call.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd call once ... if you get him, great. See what he has to say. If not, then leave him a message and wait a week.

If you don't hear from him again, leave him one more message and that should be it.

It's nice to follow up, but I can tell you I've decided against pursuing otherwise qualified candidates who made too much of a pest of themselves.

Everyone has unexpected delays when hiring new staff.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: