I am planning a trip to WDW for next January and I was having trouble picking a hotel. The past times we have gone we stayed at the Yacht Club on the Concierge level and that has been a lot of fun, but this time we wanted to try something different, without losing out on quality.

I have narrowed it down to AKL Concierge, Contemporary MK view, and Polynesian MK View/Garden View Concierge. Here are my pros/cons for each.

AKL
Pros: the cheapest (by about $500) and it does have the the savanna views and the Sunrise Safari thing (or whatever they call it). Animal Kingdom surprised everyone when it was our favorite park last time we visited.

Cons: Is it also far away from everything but AKL? We like being in the action at the Yacht Club and so close to Epcot and MGM. I also fear that the rooms aren't as nice as the other two and the theming is too much (those rooms look dark and smallish for the money). Also we will be there in January so construction might be an issue.

CONTEMPORARY
Pros: I have always liked the Contemporary, even though it isn't as themed as the others, it just looks so strikingly different than the other hotels and I always think of it when I think of WDW. I really like the looks of the new rooms (probably the best of the three) and their MK views look like the best. It is the second cheapest ($200 less than the Poly's MK view, but = to Lagoon view). I love the monorail and always make a point of riding it even though it is completely useless when we are staying at the Yacht Club. I like California Grill a lot.

Cons: The construction will still be going on? Concierge floor is too expensive. Least Disney feeling of all the hotels (it doesn't bother me as much as some, but it could be better)

POLYNESIAN:
Pros: Along with the Contemporary I have always wanted to stay here (I have fond memories of their children's club when my parent's dropped me off there when I was little). Very themed. Monorail. Concierge a possibility (are the MK views that great/garden views that bad? because I like the benefits of the Concierge, but I am not willing to pay for the concierge lagoon view). The Poly seems to be everyone's favorite but WHY?

Cons: Most expensive (could be equal to Contemporary if I got the lagoon view room, are they that much different than the MK views?). The views don't look as great as those at the Contemporary or AKL. Could get cloying after 5 days. The longhouse set-up is weird to my eyes.

Based on my pros and cons and your experiences with each which would you choose? Also should I consider the Grand Floridian Lagoon/MK with these? If I did what would you think of it compared to the first three?

Thanks so much for your help, sorry for the epic post.