Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
If the accomodation he needs in order to allow him to vacation in WDW is excessive or not "reasonable" then, unfortunately, yes.

I mean let's be realistic here ... there can't be more than .0001% of the population who have a disease that requires them to use a Segway to get around.

You can't possibly expect Disney to put the balance of their guest population at risk to accomodate for the 12 people in the world that want to use Segways in WDW.

And you can argue all you want that motorized wheelchairs and scooters are just as risky as Segways, but I'm sorry ... I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I've never seen a motorized wheelchair that went 12mph, required highly developed motor skills and quick reaction times to operate safely, or that people could easily and readily fall off of. And before you ask, yes ... I've ridden a Segway more than once. Both times I rode I saw people crash them and fall off them. And these were governed down to 4 mph from the standard 12 mph.

I recognize that you have a bias in this because you happen to know someone who's affected, but the bottom line is, the "Right to a Vacation" is not a right that's protected under the Constitution. Unfortunate? Maybe. Reality? Yes.
I agree 100%.