Hi everyone,

First of all, let me just say that I think this section of the board is wonderful and I have such great respect for all of you for sharing your stories and helping others. I have been a teacher in an inclusion class, and I will someday be a school psychologist, so I'll be doing a lot of lurking and browsing to read your fantastic suggestions about dealing with special needs.

Now for the actual reason for this thread--I am going to Disney next January, and I very much want my good friend and former housemate to join me. The thing is that he is mostly blind and has very, very limited vision. I think he would probably have fun anyway, but another friend has suggested to me that Disney is a very "visual" place and that he might not get that much out of it. I am very experienced with guiding him around, during the day and at night, so that is not an issue. I'm more concerned with his actual enjoyment of the parks. Before I officially invite him (and pressure him into coming ), I want to run this by you guys and see what you think. Would he be able to get a pass that would allow him to sit in the front of theaters or on the sides of ride vehicles so that he would have a shot at actually seeing things? I also am concerned about water parks--we'd like to do one if the weather is nice, but I'm not sure he could. He must wear his (very large, very powerful) glasses at all times and would be entirely blind without them, and glasses and water don't mix very well.