Well, this trip has been a long time in coming for my family and especially for myself & my DH. We have had so many obstacles in the way of our planning in the last couple years and are so excited we are finally getting to take this much needed vacation.

Let me introduce you to all who will be joining us on this trip...

Me (Ashley) & DH (Robert)
I am 29 years old and love anything Disney. I grew up taking lots of trips with my grandparents & sisters. This will be my 3rd trip with my DH. He is 36 years old and up until our honeymoon, he had never been to Disney World. On his first trip there, he fell in love with it and now looks forward to our trips as much as I do. He loves anything to do with Disney imagineering.

DS (Jennifer)
It took quite a while before we were finally able to convince her to go with us on this trip. Her last trip was in 2000, so after telling her about all the new things at Disney, she finally caved in and is now as excited about the trip as me.

DGM (Nana) & DGF (Pawpaw)
Nana & Pawpaw took myself & my sisters on many trips to Disney when we were kids, but there last trip was in 2000 as well and while Nana is having a hard time leaving her dog at home, she is looking very forward to going back to her favorite vacation place.

Just to give you a bit of background about how this trip came about, we have to travel back in time to March/April 2006. Robert & I had planned a trip for February 2007. We had it planned and paid for but when money problems hit, we ended up having to cancel that trip. Unfortunately, the day we cancelled it was on our 2 year anniversary, so that kinda sucked. But, we cheered ourselves up and decided we'd just try to plan another vacation later on. Well...that kinda got put on hold for a while.

A couple months after our trip was cancelled, Robert (who is in a wheelchair because of spina bifida) had to have a couple surgeries for a pressure sore, and he ended up having to be in bed for about 6 months and because of all the medical bills, we we're big time in debt. We couldn't even begin to think about another vacation yet...

Well, around the beginning of April 2007, even though Robert was still in bed at this time, we started tentatively talking about planning a vacation to Disney for around our anniversary in November, since we had to cancel our last trip on our last anniversary. We started making plans and everything seemed to be working out good. We had arrangements for a free room for the week at a timeshare a friend of ours owned and we made all our ADR's and started saving money.

Well, as the time for the trip got closer, we still didn't feel like we were financially ready to spend all the money on a trip, so we decided to just postpone things for a few months. And, since we decided to do that, my sister & grandparents decided that they wanted to go with us. So now, this vacation for 2, had now become a vacation for 5 scheduled for the first week of February 2008.