Wow, this is like Deja Vu... I remember just over 3 years ago talking to Bret on the boards and he mentioned how eerie it was in his house with everything boarded up and that he had one more piece of wood to put on the attic window... I remember sending him a PM asking him to ride by my MIL's house after it was over to see if her house was okay since she was with us...
Then our world turned upside down.

It was days before we heard from Sherrie and found out that Bret was okay. Well, not really okay, but alive and as well as could be expected.

I have a lot of respect for those like Bret that are in law enforcement, fire, rescue, military... because, like he said, "it is what you do".
We live in a world that everyone is free to make their own choices about their career. Those of you that have made choices that put you in harms way, I salute you. I do not have what it takes to do those things... so I thank God that you do.

As for us, we are staying. It looks like Houma will take the direct hit with the New Orleans area getting it really bad too. As large as this storm is, all of Mississippi will get it bad...

Take care everyone. I will try to keep in touch eith everyone by text message since I know we have about a 100% chance of losing electricity.

After this is over I hope to have a meet at the Wilderness Lodge Chalmette very soon.