Listening to a podcast and reading about some of the things that Disney is supposedly doing to cut costs, started me to thinking, what would I do to cut costs or generate revenue at WDW in this tight economy? So, put on your CEO or CFO hats, and give it your best shot.

If it were me, I think I would look into a few of the following:

1) Reducing the number of night-time hard ticket events. Thinks like the MNSSHP, and the Pirate & Princess parties.
2) Putting some rides that draw less traffic in a reduced or even closed (temporary) status. Things like, Carousel of Progress, Sounds Dangerous, Conservation Station.
3) Closing a building or two at a resort, depending on occupancy rates.

Also, what would you do/consider, in order to generate more revenue?

1) Special promotions - work with The Disney Store and other vendors outside the parks to encourage/promote park attendance. Put the free planning DVD in The Disney Stores.
2) Special pricing/discounts for Deluxe and Moderate resorts.
3) Free Dining -
4) Partner with airlines and other travel providers to create package deals.
5) Buy one Get one free or half price tickets, especially around valentine's day. This would be a great tie-in with the Celebration Vacation promotion for 2009.
6) Special Hard Ticket event for Valentine's Night, including Dinner.
7) Send out special offers to anyone who has visited any of the Disney Parks in the last 5 years. Offer a discount to return. This would be especially good for those who like to go frequently, but don't see a good enough reason to go right now. Motivate them with a special offer.

Some of these will be more favorable than others, and some people may disagree, but these are just my thoughts. Please share your own.