Rusty, I concede, you win! Tell him what he's won Rob!

Seriously, though, thanks for the info, it really sounds like you've got a lot more information than I do on the issue. While I agree mostly on your assessment, I still have to wonder if it would be worthwhile for them to do. The (cost) benefit/savings would appear to be fairly minimal, if any at all.

Something else to consider though. The Monorail was built with little or no payoff in mind. It was merely an "outside the park attraction", if you will. Sure, it served at one point to help draw people in because it was new and unique, but not so much anymore, it's just another form of transportation, as are the buses and boats, none of which I would figure, have any real payoff inherent. However, they all serve a purpose, which ultimately does lead to a payoff, and that's meeting/satisfying guest demand in a way that will hopefully lead to their returning some day and spending more money. So, while bigger buses might cost more, they could potentially have some future payoff, albeit hard to measure in a 12-month report filled with numbers.

I realize the problem with my way of thinking is that it's not how Disney management is geared to think. Blame Wall Street, and greedy investors who want to see instant results on investments. Having to wait 2, 5 or 10 years for what would be considered an intangible infrastructure upgrade to payoff is simply not allowed in this day and time. Which, sadly means, we're not likely to see bigger buses, monorail, or any other transportation improvements in the foreseeable future. However, I fear that their lack of upgrading the infrastructure, more specifically, the transportation system, is going to bite them, sooner rather than later.

With the additional rooms being added at the DVCs for AK and Contemporary, Four Seasons and Bonnet Creek, the roadways and parking lots at WDW will get more and more crowded in the next few years. I have to wonder though, what kind of transportation plans are they working on for Four Seasons, because I just don't see people paying $5000+ to stay at a 5 star hotel then ride a Disney bus.