December 7, 2008

I get up around 7am (like the commercials – I’m too excited to sleep), head down and have some breakfast. I make sure that I have what I’ll need in my carry-ons, my luggage is tagged and by the door. At 9am, I go down to the hotel lobby and check in for the transport to the port. After we were led through the airport to the DME/DCL area. It seems like we waited a long time, and I saw 4-5 DCL buses go with no movement in our line.

We finally get onboard the bus and are on our way to the port. The driver (wish I could remember his name) was very funny. Check in at the terminal went extremely smoothly, got my picture with Pluto and Captain Mickey by the ship model, and met Dave and Jennifer Marx!

I get on the ship and wound up in BBB for lunch. Had some roast beef, tilapia, and shrimp. Yummy! I then go outside to find the wind causing it to be pretty chilly. I explore around, watched a bit of Cars on the Ariel view TV, then went to check out my stateroom. Very nice room, nothing wrong that I could find, and the verandah was more spacious than I expected it to be. After exploring the ship some more, I headed back for the muster drill. I was in Animators Palate for my lifeboat station (room 6630).

After the drill, I return the vest to my stateroom to find my luggage being delivered. I just get it into my room and then head up for the celebration. I was completely floored the first time I heard the horn…wow! After we started to move, I looked for CM’s waving to us, but there was surprisingly noone there. I move to 10 forward, watching the ships progress from the port, and they played the horn again! What a day!

I go back to my room to unpack and get ready for The Golden Mickeys tonight. Fantastic show! I hit up the bingo in wavebands (got really close, too!), then dinner tonight is Parrot Cay (my rotation was PTTA). Excellent servers, good food and drinks. My tablemates were comfortable to be around. I head back to my room and wind up dozing off on the couch for a bit, before heading to Wavebands again for Disco Legends. I was pooped at this point, so off to bed I go and next, Nassau and a Dolphin encounter!!