Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brass Bonanza View Post
I'm humbled by all of these positive responses. Let me ask a few more questions since there are so many of you in the know about this:

1. Where online is a good source that discusses the different types of law...maybe I might see something I would find more interesting than tax law?

2. Is it feasible to go part time? The UConn Law School is five miles from my house, but of course I would have to be accepted.

2a. Is there a program to get a law degree online? Is there a disadvantage to that one I get a degree?

3. Since I am unemployed, how do I find out what grants are available to me? That would be tremendous.

THANK YOU!!!
CrazyPoohBear gave a great answer to the financing question. I went through College Foundation (and was still paying them when my own DDs went to college ).

I'm not sure whether most lawyers who went through the rigors of in-class law school would look favorably on an on-line degree. For one, I'm not sure how many of the on-line schools are certified and can prepare you for the court room and the bar exam. There's nothing like having to stand up and be grilled by a law prof. to prepare you for the grilling you'd get from a judge.

When I was in law school, NC didn't offer any part-time programs that I know of but I think there are quite a few schools that offer part-time programs now, even in NC (I think the newer law school in Charlotte does that).

You can get a lot of answers here , especially under the 'legal education' tab.