A similar thread is going but I didn't want to hijack it with my specific situation...so....here it is.

Stupid me, I opened my mouth and asked a dear friend that I reconnected with a month ago, who lives in the Orlando area, to join us for dinner and fireworks viewing at the Cali Grill, well after I already made my ADR's for this trip.

We are a party of 3, adding my friend makes 4. I asked him to come along before I called to find out that I cannot just add 1 more on to our party due to "fire codes". I would need to book a whole new ADR for 4 instead....but of course, none are available. The CM suggested to keep checking back to see if anything comes open. No luck so far. She also suggested to just show up at our original ADR time (which I kept of course) and see if they could accommodate us.

I understand the reasoning behind the policy that forces you to rebook, rather than add on to the existing ADR, I mean....that could be taken advantage of I am sure. Party of 5 suddenly becomes 10, ect, ect. But gosh, we will be at a table with 4 chairs, one will be empty....I was hoping they could just seat him there....but, nope, fire code regulations. (Are they really booked that tight?)

So my question.....should we just show up with him and hope that they can wiggle us in, risk a long long long wait, missing the fireworks perhaps, or even not being seated at all. Or, should I break it to my friend that I am a louse and we just can't get him in with us at this meal.

It's silly, I could cancel my ADR and then try to immediately rebook the same time with a party of 4, as it should be open....but I could never be certain. I could totally lose the ADR all together.

What's a girl to do?