Okay, so we just got back from WDW on the 7th and we ate in some of the same places you did ... I can't say I noticed any appreciable difference from what Disney Dining has been the last two or three years.

In fact, we had excellent meals at The Plaza, Coral Reef, Teppan Edo, Tutto Italian, Garden Grill, and Liberty Tree Tavern.

And, although we didn't eat there this trip, I can tell you that I've eaten at Chefs De France at least a dozen times and I've never had anything but a top-notch meal there.

Ohana ... my opinion on that dump is well known. I think it has, hands down, the worst food in all of Disney World. Haven't done 1900 Park Fare for dinner in quite awhile, but my recollection is that I had largely the same opinion on it you did ... BLECH! We also tried the Yak and Yeti for the first time this trip and I didn't really care for it at all. My shrimp was really mealy tasting and the steak was more like something you'd get from a Sizzler.

As far as their counter service food goes, I think it's hit or miss. We actually had some really good counter service (Lotus Blossom Cafe, Pecos Bills, and Cosmic Ray's were the best), but we also had some disasters like at El Pirata y El Perico. That was terrible, incredibly overpriced Mexican food that was worse than Taco Bell at about ten times the price.

Also, Disney's burgers have gotten bad again. Originally, they had burgers that would make you long for McDonald's. Then they upgraded to these really nice, big, juciy burgers. But I had one on this trip at Back Lot Express was a sad, pathetic little thing with very little taste.

Anyway, I think it's a very mixed bag. Also, it must vary by individual tastes, because people just rave and rave about Ohana and yet I'll tell you quite honestly that I'd much rather drive off-property and eat at an Outback Steakhouse than I would ever set foot in Ohana again. I've had some of the worst meals ever in that joint.