A post to a thread about visiting WDW with a "skeptic" got me to thinking about what it must have been like to visit WDW with me (a borderline disney "hater") before I became a hardcore fan of All Things Mouse.

My transformation occurred about five years ago when we were planning our big summer trip and my wife and I had very different ideas about where we should go...Florida or California. I thought I knew what my kids would choose so i put it to a family vote.

Well, my kids, much to my chagrin, voted with my wife to drive to Fla and spend a week at WDW as opposed to flying to California (they at that point had never flown) and going to the beach, Yosemite, etc. That's when i realized how much my family loved the place that I only loved to hate. I had to kind of reconsider things and made a conscious decision to try to be more open to doing what the rest of my crew enjoyed, as opposed to trying to convince them to go where I wanted each trip.

The week we spent there did the rest...staying solely on property, at the AKL, with a last minute (at check-in) upgrade to a savannah view room did the rest. The room was great, access to the parks was so much easier, the EMH really worked well for us, and best of all I only had to drive our car one time that week.

And it was during that return trip to the resort...when I truly came around...for when we got back to the resort and security guard told me "welcome home sir" I was truly hooked...and we've been back at least once a year since.

Just wondering if anyone else had a special moment like that when you became committed to making a visit to the parks of WDW a regular stop on your vacations calendar?