DH (Brian, aka CanadianWDWFan) – Celebrating his new job
Me (Jennifer, aka Mickey’sGIrl) – Celebrating my 41st birthday
DS12 (Harry) – Celebrating his 12th birthday
DS6 (Euan) – Celebrating life, cuz it’s pretty good when you’re 6 and at Disneyworld!

Day 6 – Wednesday May 26

Today is the most awesome day of the year ... my birthday. Turns out we are all pretty good at forgetting birthdays on this trip – but it wasn’t long before we all remembered! We drove over to Epcot. First thing, we went on Mission Space ... or they did, I got fastpasses for Test Track. It was time for our ride when they got out, and it was as much fun as ever! Then we took a ride on Spaceship Earth, and went over to the Land to get Soarin’ fastpasses. We decided to ride the “Living with the Land” boat through the greenhouses, and when we were done, Harry asked if we could take the Behind the Seeds tour. We signed on for the 12 o’clock tour (and got a discount with our DVC membership!). What an interesting tour, we saw some interesting pest management techniques, got up close with ladybugs and interesting vegetables and the fish. It was a good tour and just long enough (about an hour) and well worth the money. Now it was time for lunch.

We walked around the World Showcase to Morocco and the Tangierine Cafe for lunch. The food here is stellar, and there’s always plenty of seating, and the cast members working there are so helpful and polite. After lunch, we walked over to Mexico to ride the boat with Donald, then we went into Innoventions, where Brian and Harry built an even wilder Rollercoaster than they had previously. Euan and I opted out, and decided to go over to the Piggybank challenge instead. Then we met up and the two boys designed their own video game, where they were their own game characters. When that was done, we watched the Velcro show. The boys were on competing teams for a tower challenge, and then Brian was pitted against another dad in the Diaper changing challenge. Both challenges ended in ties! It was a lot of fun!

We returned to the hotel for a bit of a rest. Everyone except Harry fell to sleep, and when we got up again, we decided to go to Downtown Disney for dinner at Wolfgang Puck’s Express. It was so good and tasty, and we could use our DVC for a discount, which was even better. After dinner, we went back to the hotel for another night time swim. It was midnight before we went to bed!