Intercot folks... it's been awhile!!

I need your accommodation advice/commentary/concerns.... and could think of no better place.

My roommate and I are planning a Spring Break WDW getaway. We're both professional twenty-somethings... and are leaning towards a moderate (probably fits our price-range best). I've only stayed on property once awhile back and did a value (All Star Movies).

I've scanned all related threads, but specific to our situation:
  • The ferry to/from DTD from POFQ and POR seems like a pretty great perk, for getting to-and-from meals and shopping. Is it a pretty great perk?! How long is the trek (I can only find how often the boats come)?
  • Which side (POR vs. POFQ) would you recommend for us? Or would you recommend another moderate altogether? The consensus seems to be that POR is much larger has a bit more life to it (and maybe feels newer) and that POFQ has a smaller and more intimate feel to it (some seem to think that POFQ has a bit of a bussing advantage to it to at times; reviews to theming seem quite mixed). Thoughts there?
  • Am I correct in thinking that the values would be fine, but tend to have more groups, especially maybe at Springtime? What are the 'real' benefits to the moderate?: a pool with a slide, sit-down restaurants, some added conveniences? Thoughts here?

Essentially I'm looking to your experience, to help make our trip as great as possible. I've researched tons but testimonials beat pictures/videos any day. We'll be park-hopping, wining/dining, and out-and-about tons (vs. in our rooms tons).

Many thanks,