I was honestly shocked at the crowds this week. I talked to a parking CM who was equally baffled by the huge crowds. He said just last wek it was quiet. For years my family and I have been coming to the parks in early October. Every year the crowds have increased, but this past week it was more crowded than July 4th week. The dwarf parking lots were in use at the MK it was so crowded. We parked In Sleepy. Maybe I am jaded from coming at slow times of the year. We usually come in October and January, but we were stunned as we fought the huge throng of people last night.
Talking to a CM one night, he said there is no longer any rhyme or reason as to when the crowds will come.
I have read numerous threads about how the crowds have been on the rise in October. I firmly belive that the new 2 week Fall Breaks in schools in Tennessee, Kentucky, and other places have been THE MAIN cause in the rise. Free Dinning, Columbus Day, and MNSSHP having 3 parties this past week also contributed. But I was shocked by the crowds. It was clearly the most crowded I have ever seen in over 20 trips.
What do you think made this past week so crowded?