Several news outlets reported yesterday (5/13) that Disney has filed a trademark application for "SEAL Team 6". The trademark applies to clothing, footwear, toys, games, Christmas ornaments, snow globes and other items. No official word from Disney about what this is for, but speculation is running wild. The timing is especially interesting considering the very recent news of the US Navy SEAL Team Six and their mission to take down Osama Bin Laden. Some in the entertainment industry are guessing that Disney will try and capitalize on the news story, but personally I think it's something entirely different, and just odd timing.

I have no evidence or even any good rumor to base it on, but my first thought when hearing this was that it's maybe for a sequel to the 2005 Disney movie, The Pacifier, starring Vin Diesel. In the movie, Diesel plays a Navy Seal assigned to watch after a family of 5 kids belonging to another Seal who went missing. So, why not a sequel re-uniting them, but a little older now, and with a new mission. There you have, SEAL Team 6. Of course, others have speculated that it could be a live action comedy in the like of the Buddies' movies, starring six real seals.