Hi Folks,
I'm wondering if anyone has ever had this problem.

My daughter found a stray cat with kittens near where she works. She rescued them all and we found homes for the kittens. I tried to find a home for Momma cat but nobody wanted her. I was not going to put her out on the street so since then she has been living here with us. At first she terrorized my other three cats, all spayed females. I bought a feliway thing that plugs into the wall that is supposed to calm them all. I also had Momma cat spayed.

What she has done now about three times is when she goes into my daughters room, she pee's "sprays" on her comforter. She does not do this anywhere else in the house, only Katie's room. Thankfully everything is washable so I am not dealing with the "odor" problem but I am wondering why she is spraying only in Katie's room. We've tried to keep the bedroom door closed but by chance last night it was not closed and when I went in there was Momma cat laying there looking all innocent and low and behold she had pee'd on the comforter.

Is she mad at my daughter? Could she be smelling that the other cats have layed on the bed? I'm going to continue to keep the door closed but I'm not sure what else to do.

Katie was her caregiver when she first brought her home. However, she is in college and does not stay home much so could it be that Momma cat is upset with her?