This was a short trip mixing business and pleasure. I am affiliated with a major tire manufacturer who hosted a dealer meeting at Coronado Springs. We arrived early in the evening on March 6th. Early enough to attend the reception and dinner. People lined up to have pictures taken with Mickey, Donald and Goofy. We had our choice of drinks and the food was excellent and served buffet style. A calypso band provided some entertainment for us as well. After dinner my wife and i retired to our room, 3113 in the Casitas section. Quite lovely.

The next day was filled with meetings. But we were finally given some free time in the mid afternoon, which allowed me some time to explore our resort. CSR is very nice. It's big, but not really as big as it looks. The walk around the lake did not take too long. Maybe 10 minutes. And the main pool is great. Nice bar, hot tub, plenty of seating in the sun or shade, and the waterfall coming down the steps of the pyramid is very relaxing. Even after just a quick tour, i found this to be a very desirable resort.

Our evening reception included a visit to The Studios. I was anticipating a fabulous evening having full run of the park. I had asked here on Intercot, and also talked to a friend who had been to a corporate event that allowed participants to have a free evening in a theme park. We loaded up 6 busses and came in a back entrance, unloading at the Backlot Tour. We were greeted by some corporate executives, "Welcome to Disney!" Man was i excitied as i walked up the Streets of America. There were tables of food set up and drink kiosks around too. So my wife and i filled some plates and found a seat. Soon after, Mulch, Sweat and Shears began to play, so we were all having a good time. But i soon began to wonder when we would get to enter the rest of the park.

Well..........we didn't. Hey, i love classic rock as much as anyone. But 3 hours of Mulch, Sweat and Shears, when you are expecting Star Tours, Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror, just doesn't cut it. I guess not all corporations treat their affiliates the same. Disappointed, we left, knowing tomorrow we could do what we wanted.