Hey there, hi there, ho there...

Before I continue with what I'm about to say, let me just start off by saying that this probably has been asked many times before this and no doubt will be asked many times after this.

On my upcoming August trip to California, I am bringing my friend along. He is a huge fan but has never been to the parks before, so he is really excited. I, who have been many times (to both DLR & WDW) before have tried to jam-pack our vacation to the brim with Disney fun. I've arranged for us to have a day at Universal Studios, tour the Walt Disney Studios & El Capitan Theatre, attend all three days of the D23 Expo 2013, spend an entire week after that at the Disneyland Resort, take the Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps Tour, eat at many of the best and most famous dining locations, make a Fantasmic! Dessert Package booking and the list goes on and on...

However, one thing my friend has heard about and is most interested about (here it comes!!) is Club 33 (good grief... why this of all things?). He's fully aware that it is very, very, very difficult to get into that place and costs a not-so-small fortune to do it... on your own that is. So, he's not expecting to get the chance to eat there as much as he'd love to do so. And yes, I know that the Walt tour does venture inside the club's front door but I didn't tell him that so that it would be a total surprise for him to be able to somewhat quench that desire.

Now, this is something that has evaded me for all my years visiting the park as well. I am equally if not more eager to get in there somehow. I know people suggest networking but I can honestly say I don't know anybody who would have an "in" at the club, so that is pretty-well out.

Has anybody managed to get in before? I know this may sound foolish of me, but is there anybody out there who has access or knows somebody with access? Does anybody have other tips on how to get in? It is quite a mind-boggling topic and is certainly something I mostly always feel helpless about when someone who comes to the parks with me asks about it. All I can offer them is my knowledge, history and stories of that coveted place -- and not much more.