As mentioned, the pirate rooms are the furthest from the pool and food court - BUT that's why there are shuttles. If you don't want to hike, take the shuttle (I would - it is all I can do to manage all the walking at the parks without adding on extra at the resort). But as for busses to the parks, they stop in every village so no longer wait at all, nor any need to take an internal shuttle to get to them. I booked a preferred location right by the main building because I was worried about that too, but now that I understand the shuttles it wouldn't have been THAT big a deal. one weirdness, though, since I'm used to POR is that the check in "the Custom house" is in a separate building - NOT where the food court, souvenir store etc. are. I would NOT walk from there to anywhere - it was pretty isolated! And just as a further nuisance - you can't take luggage on the shuttle bus, so if you arrive with any carry on (which we had, even though our main bags went by Magical Express) you HAVE to use bell services (and tip, of course. At por we've never needed bell services).