So we made it past nyc, baltimore & Washington DC. All of this by 4:30 am.
As we went into Virginia the rain became more intense. As the hours passed by though, the rain let up, almost like the storm was giving up...as we slipped through its grasp.
Somewhere around 8 am we stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel for breskfast. So that you understand we do not have a Cracker Barrel near us and finding one has become a tradition of sorts whenever we get out of NY. Now as I understsnd it (and for the 1st time see it) they are everwhere. Much to my wife's chagrin finding a Starbucks does not happen until we are in Georgia.
So life gets a little easier. I am surprised but pleased that the speed limit is 70. And yes it does feel strange passing a cop at that speed and not needing to slow down.
So through Virginia and into North Carolina. North Carolina becomes South Carolina...and we stop at the cheesy South of the Border.
Now at this stage we need to stretch our legs. I remember my parents telling me about this place. I never stopped nor have I traveled by car this far south.so during my break I take photos and text to my sisters. And I call my dad who is very happy to hear from us. he remembers south of the border and he is very surprised that by 11 a.m. We made it to there.
somewhere further south in South Carolina,we stopped for lunch at shoneys.
now I should point out my own my dearest wife also does some of the driving, though I do most of it.our journey continues into Georgia. We make a decision continue on to see how far we will go.
By 4 o'clock we have made it through most of Georgia and found a stop for Starbucks.incredibly we push on.
then we hit the Florida line. Traffic backs up in Jacksonville. Then we are through it and on our way to I 4. we stop at Orange City to get gas. I called the hotel we are going to stay in tomorrow night , to see if they have room. They do not. So instead, we stop at nice Holiday Inn Express. We have dinner and retire to our room. It is 9 PM and we are done for the day.
After a 20 hour trip we're done. As such a great family relaxing and Declan specially long last hour this journey. A day of rest now, on Sunday morning we head to our resort, the att of animation.
We are so excited.