Okay, so we're here now. I heard all the stuff about FP+, but I'm a fanatic, so I gave Disney the benefit of the doubt.

I was so very, very wrong.

Nevermind the fact that my wife and I don't have smart phones. Nevermind the fact that the hotel Wi-Fi on property is so slow that it takes 2 hours each night to get FP+.

We only get 3 a day....and apparently not for EVERY day we're on property.

We are at POP Century, and we only have Magic Bands. No key cards. With FP+, you CANNOT get FPs in the parks. It has to be done at Guest Services using one of their iPads, or online. A HUUUUUUGE inconvenience for non-techy people with small children.

And, I just tried to get FPs for our FOURTH day in the park, and the website said we have exceeded our limits for this trip. Mind you, we didn't use the ones in Epcot, because the selections there are ridiculous....we had to choose EITHER Soarin, Test Track, or Meet Mickey...you can only get ONE of those. Then you can pick two of the rest of the "attractions" that Epcot has to offer.

So, I tried to contact help online. Good luck with that. I tried to call the number. Nope. I went down to the guest services desk at Pop. They had no idea what was going on. Literally. THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A LIMIT!!!

Honestly, if they go with the system as-is...I won't be returning until my children are much older....and I am a complete fan-boy/fanatic. I went to see "Home On The Range"...that's how much I love this company. My wife and I have literally cried about this. But FP+ is a deal-breaker. The lines are awful, and we can't see our favorite attractions more than once per day. They are forcing us all to vacation the exact same way as everyone else, with no regard to experience or dedication. It stinks.