People on this section of the board have on occasion posted questions as to whether it's okay for adults without kids or solo adults to go to character meet and greets.
Some of the old timers on this board might remember my 2009 January Trip Report, but having just gotten back from my May 2014 Star Wars Weekends trip, I'd post my own thoughts here.

As I said I just got back from a Star Wars Weekends May 2014 trip, and at some point I’m going to post a Trip Report, but work is so busy don’t know when I’ll get around to it. The least I can do it put together the jumbled notes and even more jumbled memories together into a coherent character report. And I promise as soon as I figure out the complexities that is the Photopass website, I’ll post pics.

To explain meself, most of these interactions were done when I was solo (my sis was along for the trip, although she didn’t do the characters greets).
To introduce meself; I’m 36, male, and (at least I’ve been told) reasonably good looking and reasonably fit, my day job has me wearing a suit and tie, so I get most of my casual styling cues from Esquire or GQ, I love watches and my well-weathered Saddleback Leather briefcase/satchel in Coffee Brown. Seriously I can’t stand these silly overglorified man-purses that various designer brands churn out and make the average male think he’s cool for having one. My rule of thumb is, if your satchel won’t survive a trip into the rainforests of Venezuela, and a dip in the Amazon River, or a trip in the desert you should probably leave it at home. Or give it as a gift to your girlfriend, it suits her better. And don’t even get me started on the dreaded fanny pack.

GET ON WITH IT!

*Ahem*

Now some of you are saying “Great, so this vain nincompoop has a thing for fancy stuff and likes to brag about his shiny toys, and is very opinionated when it comes to accessories, why is he bringing this up in a Disney forum, specifically the character thread?”

The answer, gentle readers, will become apparent as I recount my encounters with said characters.

First up is my experiences at Akershus. Now, every time I go to WDW I try to get a ressie for this restaurant because I love Norwegian food and I love the characters, and it serves my fav import beer Carlsburg, so it’s a win-win-win. As to why I go, for myself I’ve always found it difficult to pluck up enough courage to wait in line to meet characters in the parks.
This is particularly absurd because I’m a grown up, and more to the point I’ve been in sales for over 10 years, so talking to strangers is second nature to me.
I’ve given seminars to 100 total strangers about the necessity of ‘moving outside your comfort zone’ and ‘how to overcome your allergy to the phone,’ so you’d think waiting 20 minutes to visit with your favorite Disney character would be child’s play for someone like me.
Not for me. Meeting characters for me is like that first morning dip in the pool, when the water is still cold. You can either draw out the agony and slowing inch in as the icy water soaks your shorts, or do a cannonball off the diving board and take the icy plunge. And, if you’re waiting in line to see them at the parks, you can always get out of line and chicken out. So, going to a restaurant that is a character meal is my version of taking the plunge, there’s no way to chicken out. And to carry through with the pool analog, once you get over the shock, it gets easier with each passing time.

First up is the free Photopass pic at Akershus, on this occasion it was Belle in her evening gown. She was very sweet and exclaimed that I must be a fellow book reader because I had my bookbag with me.
(Saddleback leather satchel; 1, dorky fanny packs and effete man-purses; Zero)
So I asked her what her fav book was, and she said Sleeping Beauty, it had magic, fairies, a beautiful princess and a handsome prince and love conquers all. I lied and said that was my favorite book, too. In my defense she wouldn't have heard of my favorite book, Atlas Shrugged, so I was just playing along.

Hanne (pronounced Hanna) was my server and was very friendly and chatty about her country and the food. I was only half joking with the CM that I come here for the food, the peppered mackerel, the salmon, and the smoked cheese at the Koldbord are top notch. I’ve noticed over the course of the years that they’ve been adding more mundane items to the Koldbord so it now resembles a salad bar with a few more exotic offerings. Not that I’m complaining, they’re catering to a younger, more finicky crowd. Anyways the koldbord offerings were just as good as the last time, and my main course, the Traditional Kjottkake, was also very good. But, you aren’t reading this thread for the food, so on with the characters!

They had some sort of Parade of Princesses or the like, which wasn't there the last time I was here in 2009, but it was fine. I had my nose buried in my Samsung Galaxy S4, so I didn't notice much beyond they allowed the kiddies to parade with their fav princesses to Disney muzak.

First up was Aurora, she must have picked up on the fact that I was nervous, (the trembling hands, sweaty forehead and knocking knees must have been a dead giveaway) so she went out of her way to make me feel more at ease. I think I defaulted to my standard icebreaker and commented on how hot it was outside, and she said she would talk to her friend Elsa about maybe helping with that.

Next up was Cinderella, she was also very nice and asked if I wanted to get a picture taken with her, and one of the CM’s close very helpfully took my picture courtesy of my smartphone. She remarked that she still couldn’t understand how those magic boxes worked, and I remarked that they were a blessing and a curse; you could be reached anywhere by anyone at any time, and she got a laugh out of that. When I offered my autograph book, I also admitted that the signatures were for me and not someone else, and she said ‘good! It’s always nice when persons are honest, and there’s nothing wrong with that.’

Next up was Snow White, she was also sweet and I got an autograph and photo with her, she was also very patient as my phone decided to pop up a reminder when CM was trying to take a photo.

Last was Ariel, she also was happy to hear that I was collecting autographs, she collected human stuff and promised not to make off with my dinglehopper (fork).

All in all, it was a good experience, and as previously stated having taken the plunge I now was a man on a mission to collect autographs.

I have to split this up since I've gone over my word count. Up next, interactions in the World Showcase!