Me: 34
DH: 36
DD: celebrating her 8th Bday
DS: 5

Vero Beach:

LOVED our rooms! Stayed in attached Inn rooms with Ocean views on the top floor. We had the most gorgeous view of the ocean. My kids were blown away - being land locked in the Midwest they've never seen a huge body of water and were amazed. It was cute. The room was comfortable with 2 queen size beds and lots of space. The room also had a kitchenette.

The ocean was calm during our entire stay. We rented umbrellas and chairs everyday and it was totally worth it. My kids loved the beach and we came home with more shells then I will know what to do with. (currently at home I am searching on pintrest for craft ideas). The last morning there the conservationist found 3 Sea Turtle nest so we got to see the eggs and the tracks. We adopted one of the nest and the man at the gift shop was very animated with DD and talked to her a lot. While he talked he had her "clean up" squirts house and when she was done picking all the trash out of it she was named the Conservationist of the Day for the resort. She thought that was pretty cool.

The pool is nice a big and the kids really liked the slide.

The food around the resort was decent. But I really want to talk about a pizza place that is a short drive away. Vittorio's Pizza is AMAZING. Nice authentic Italian/American pizza. Everyone loved it - I especially liked the meat lovers pizza with the meatballs - YUM. The kids both liked their slice and garlic knots. The desserts were good as well. We all joked that we wish we had known about this place the first night as we would have come twice.

We also did the pirate dinner on Monday night - it was cute. Pirate Donald and Pirate Goofy are there and they made a big deal about DD's birthday.

Disney
We stayed at Kidani at Animal Kingdom Lodge. First thing - the 2 bedroom villa is HUGE. I mean HUGE. Like only slightly smaller then my house (of course we don't live in a huge house). We had a savannah view and saw lots of animals.

We had never been to Disney in the summer - so this was new for all of us. Thankfully with the Fast Pass + program we knew we would get to do the must do rides.

So that is pretty much the highlight. All 6 of us agreed that Vero Beach was the best part and we are already trying to figure out when we can go back. Christine - you are not alone! We love Vero too!