We haven't been to the World since a day trip to HS last year and were able to use paper FastPasses.

Now that paper FastPasses are a thing of the past (ahem, well except for Frozen attractions and maybe Soarin'), I'm wondering how we will do as guests who are not staying on the property in September.

We are considering a 1 day trip to MK, but realize we are at a potential, big disadvantage to those who have been planning and loading FP+ reservations onto their bracelets.

Is there a way to find out what is still available as far as ride reservations go? I hate to buy a $110 ticket x 2 without having an idea of what we're up against. As far as I can tell, we need to buy tickets before we can see anything in the FP+ system. So, it's a bit of a Catch 22 - I don't want to buy if it seems like I'll have a fat chance of getting the FP+ reservations I want (not sure if I want to leave it up to chance for "day of" reservations), BUT I can't know what I'm up against until I financially commit.

Any thoughts or tips? Has anyone noticed if there's still a lot of availability for rides like the 7 Dwarves Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain this far out? We're thinking of visiting on a Tuesday, which will hopefully and is usually a less crowded day of the week.

Thoughts?