The cast:
Me - 38, The Mom, 3 prior Disney trips as adult, touring style is see and do as much as possible, Disney/Pixar/Star Wars/Harry Potter Fan, late riser when the kids allow it. Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
DH - 37, The Dad, 2 Disney as a kid and 2 Disney trips as adult, touring style is capture as many memories as possible on film, Disney/Pixar/Star Wars/Marvel/Harry Potter fan, early riser but tires quickly due to sedentary job and restless sleep. Favorite Park: EPCOT
DS1 - Nearly 8 yrs old at time of travel, energetic and outgoing, will likely be too nervous to do all the rides he is able to but may surprise me, Disney/Pixar/Star Wars/Marvel/Harry Potter fan.
DS2 - Nearly 3 yrs old at time of travel, cautious socially but a thinker and a doer, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fanatic currently but who knows what he'll be into in 6 months??
Grandma MIL - 66, Bankrolling the accommodations for the trip, fast-walker and touring style is do something every minute until utter collapse and shopaholic, not interested in MNSSHP or waterpark but very excited for Food and Wine Festival, Disney/Pixar/Harry Potter fan, some back pain but doesn't let it slow her, very attached to DS1. Favorite Park: EPCOT
Grandpa FIL - 65, Steak and potatoes guy, along for the ride but also good at putting on the brakes when needed, some foot and leg pain recently, Disney fan. Favorite Park: EPCOT
MyMom - 70, Looks forward most to waterpark/pool time and Illuminations, Disney/Pixar/Harry Potter fan, history of major hip discomfort/pain after walking long distances...most likely to need a wheelchair during park touring. Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
MyDad - 72, Moody guy can go from Happy to Dopey to Grumpy at the drop of a hat, wants to be left out of planning for the most part, Disney/Pixar fan, the boys love him and he loves playing with them and Legos. Favorite Park: "I don't remember"

Reasons trip is extra special:
First Disney Visit for the 2 boys
Likely the Grandparents' last WDW visit/Boys' only visit with all Grandparents
10 Year Wedding Anniversary falls on Sept 30th and will be our first visit back to Disney since our Honeymoon in 2006

The known plans:
Sept 27th - Oct 4th in 3 rooms at Port Orleans Riverside, 6 Day Park Hoppers and Disney Dining Plan...hopefully free dining if the offer can be applied during our dates to our POR stay, and Memory Maker photo package

Desired add-ons:
MNSSHP - one night for Me, DH, and the 2 boys
Blizzard Beach - one day for Me, DH, the 2 boys and MyParents
Universal 2 parks - 1 day for all 6 adults and DS1, DS2 will tag along free

Greatest meal wishes:
1 TS Chef Mickey's for a breakfast or lunch (Mickey and Friends for 2 yr old)
1 TS Crystal Palace for a breakfast (Pooh Characters for 7 yr old)
1 TS Hollywood and Vine for a breakfast or lunch (Disney Jr characters for both)
2 TS California Grill for Dinner (maybe around fireworks time) with kids okay but my husband and I want to return here with or without them as it was our favorite on our Honeymoon and we'll celebrate 10 yrs during the trip...technically Sept 30th but we don't have to go that night as we most likely will do the MNSSHP with the boys that night)
Wandering the food stands and grazing at Epcot Food and Wine Festival
Assuming we could get the above reservations...I'm not sure where to use the last Table Service Meal credit...maybe we could lunch at Raglan Road, T-Rex Cafe, Boatwright's or O'Hana one day during our midday break from the parks?

I'm trying to plan park days so I can try to get ADR's soon as the 180 day mark is coming up already on April 1st! I'm interested in any input on touring plans with such a diverse age-range group.
Our tentative plan is to plan the day in two chunks and take midday breaks. I've never needed midday breaks before as I've only been as an adult. Will this benefit my kids even if they don't nap anymore? My fear is that one or both will melt down about having to leave whatever park we are heading out of and spend the majority of the "break" complaining/whining. For those of you who have done this, what time do you shoot for to leave the park? How long do you stay at your resort? Do you try to head back around dinner? In time for an afternoon parade? Would swimming during the afternoon break make everyone all the more exhausted by evening? Is the tedious nature of bus travel with the kids back to the resort worth the break?
Which parks would YOU hit on each day if you had my dates/cast? I am dying for my kids to see the iconic castle...but I read somewhere that Magic Kingdom should be done after the less thrilling parks to build to it rather than other parks being somewhat of a let down for the kids as Magic Kingdom is likely to be the favorite? Yet, I don't want the kids to be so worn out when they hit Magic Kingdom that they're aching/tired all day either as there is so much to see...
Should we plan to park hop to parks with evening EMH's if we think the kids are well-rested enough for it? Or should we just avoid the parks with evening EMH's altogether? I would like to take advantage of EMH's (and have on past trips) but with the kids I'm not confident that we can consistently get there early enough or stay out long enough to do them.
Right now my focus is what days to try to get which ADR's based on where we think we might try to be each day of the trip but there are so many factors to consider with our group that I'm truthfully overwhelmed.

I tentatively have it laid out as:
Tue 9/27 - Fly in and explore resort and relax at pool and depending on how early we get in MAYBE trying to catch Illuminations at Epcot and do the 9-11pm EMH's at Epcot WS either without the kids if a grandparent will babysit or with them if we think the kids are so excited/napped so much on the flight that they're up for it.
Wed 9/28 - Epcot Future World in the AM then monorail to Chef Mickey's for lunch if I can get that ADR.
After the break at the resort I thought maybe we could hop to Magic Kingdom in the afternoon. I'm not certain this is a good strategy as it is a PM EMH day there that day (9pm-11pm) but as far as I can tell is the only day during our stay that has the Main Street Electrical Parade.
Thurs 9/29 - Maybe we could go do the 2 parks at Universal this day. It's going to be a long one due to not getting a midday break but I think we'll all still be pretty fresh for it and I think Universal is a little less busy on Thursdays than during the weekend.
Fri 9/30 - Blizzard Beach in the morning for those interested in going, MNSSHP in the PM for my Fam of Four. The Grandparents could rest at the resort in the evening or go out drinking/shopping or hit a park of their choice. This day might be a welcome break for FIL. I think MIL would rather we skip these things but the Fam of Four and MyParents value highly our lazy river and splashing kids/lounging adults time after several days tackling parks.
Sat 10/1 - I'm thinking MGM Studios (since Animal Kingdom has the AM EMH) might be less busy this day? Does that sound like a good bet? We could stay until after lunch at Hollywood and Vine if I can get that ADR before taking our break. And then either returning after a break for a few rides and Fantasmic! or hitting World Showcase for dinnertime wandering through the Food and Wine Festival and watching the Epcot fireworks with the kids if they haven't already seen them on the first day.
Sun 10/2 - Breakfast at Chef Mickey's (hopefully before rope drop if I can get the ADR) and as much time as we feel we need at Magic Kingdom after which we can hop to HS if we haven't seen Fantasmic! yet or to Epcot if we feel we haven't had enough time there yet.
Mon 10/3 - Animal Kingdom 9am-5pm with the 8am-9am extra magic hour...try our best to get there for EMH open but either way do the safari as early as we can and then have a leisurely day of watching the animals on our last day there. It's this evening I thought I'd try for a dinner at the California Grill around MK fireworks time for the whole group as a last night special splurge.
Tue 10/4 - Fly home day...mostly packing and getting to the airport unless we can get a late afternoon flight out.

Thanks for advice/input on this plan and I apologize for this post having so many questions. I hope I put it in the right place...I wasn't sure if it belonged here or in the vacation plans thread. I thought since my main concern is which park to hit each day this might be the place for it.

Have a Magical Day!
-Medland