Hi All,

We are home from our stay in a Fort Wilderness accessible cabin. As promised, here is a quick review (with a link to photos at: https://goo.gl/photos/DPH6C35j6txYNcoM8)

The pros: the cabins are HUGE! I had no idea that they would be that big. There was plenty of room on the deck, in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The living room area was smaller than the rest, with "comfy" seating only for three (2 on the couch, an one in the chair), but to be honest, we were seldom sitting all together in the living room.

The pullout was fine, comfy enough and the extra storage was appreciated. We did bring a fitted sheet to save having to deal with the flat one every night.

The fridge/freezer is great, with an ice maker and water in the door. We drank A LOT of water, and it was great to always have it cold and ready.

The new stovetop is fine, worked well, no complaints. We didn't use the convection part of the microwave/convection oven, so no comments.

The bathroom was lovely, and the roll-in/walk-in shower didn't get all over the bathroom like I was worried it would. There is a lack of storage space in the bathroom, but we managed without too much trouble.

The bedroom is much wider than I expected. The bed is a queen and although it was a very soft mattress, it was comfortable for one person. I'd feel like I was falling out if I had to share with someone. The bunk beds were surprisingly a hit with our group. My teenage daughter loved "her castle" and my Mom was comfy in the bottom bunk. The storage seemed small, until we started to unpack and realize that we had found a place for everything without an issue.

In the accessible cabins the grill is on the deck, right outside the front door. This made cooking super easy, and we did it a few times during our trip.

We did see some wildlife, the regular rabbits, lizards, squirrels, frogs, as well as some deer and something in the water that my mother swears was an alligator, but we're not sure we agree with her.

The not-pros: housekeeping was terrible. We got one day of the famous "cabin" housekeeping and then we had to beg them to come at all the rest of the time. There were many, many phone calls to the housekeeping manager.

It was lovely to park our car at our door, but the parking pad was quite small and we were challenged to fit both our car and the golf cart on it.

Fort Wilderness is a huge place! If you get the DDP mugs it is a super pain to fill them (and not to mention the swarm of bees that was often found around the drink station)

Finally, I hated the pools. They are both super shallow! I'd like something deeper than 4 feet! (and the main pool was 3'9" at all places!) There is a kids splash area, but my kid is too big for it. This was the only real let down of the trip, I wanted a better pool.

I know a few people are planning a cabin trip, so if there is anything I can help with, or any questions I can answer, please just let me know.

Heather