In celebration of my husband's 60th birthday in February of 2017, we are taking a trip over a long weekend with our young adult kids to Disneyland, then just the 2 of us are going on to Aulani for a week. I've only been to Oahu once, and it was over 25 years ago. My husband has never been. I'd love to hear any suggestions you have about places to see, or eat (we LOVE to eat!). We will have a car and do plan to see the USS Arizona and the Pearl Harbor Memorial. We'd also like to drive up to the north shore to see the botanical gardens and hopefully watch some good surfing. We're not huge water people, so don't intend to spend a lot of time in the ocean or pools, but will find time to visit them and relax, I'm sure. We'll be staying in a 1BR garden view room at the resort. A couple of specific questions I had:

1. We've done food tours in other cities we've visited and enjoyed them very much. Has anyone done any of the food tours on Oahu and do you have an opinion on them?

2. We plan to do a luau while we're there. I see the resort has one. Is that the best, or are there other specific ones you would recommend as being better? Maybe at the Polynesian Cultural Center?

3. My husband has a neurodegenerative disease and has begun experiencing some movement issues. Bike riding is out for us, but some hiking would be OK, if there are specific places you might suggest.

Thanks, everyone!!