Today was the day for me to be able to do online check-in for my upcoming trip the last week of April. Pretty simple process. Then I got an email from Disney...

"Upon your arrival, you will notice construction work in various areas as we enhance our Resort. Noise may be heard while this work is being completed and certain pathways may be unavailable.

Additionally, Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed for refurbishment during your stay. While we work our magic, there will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast and dinner and a selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase in three island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort."

Now I was aware that they were doing work on the pools around Trinidad. But this was something new entirely! They essentially are shutting down all services and offering a rather poor substitute. Counter-Service at breakfast can be trying on a good day, but having it in an area that was not designed for it? No thanks. AND the pool bar?! That is just going too far! LOL

I immediately forwarded the email to Karen @ Magical Journeys. This was the first she heard of it as well and contacted Disney to get more details. They really weren't that forthcoming with dates of the actual closures. So Karen worked some magic, and with a few changes (dropping the Deluxe Dining Plan), she was able to get me in the Animal Kingdom Lodge with a Standard View.

So I just wanted to pass this along to anyone staying (or thinking of staying) at CBR towards the end of April 2017 and later that may not have done the online check-in.