I am so nervous yet excited at the same time. I have been in my position for 9 years now. Out of the level 2 analysts I am the one who has the most experience. Since our most recent lead took a trainer position for a new department, I have been filling the role waiting for them to post the position. They finally posted it. I applied and within the hour they sent the email for my phone interview.

My work HR dept has a whole Talent acquisition department (we are a very large hospital integrated delivery network) so no one is ever really promoted on merit, any position that opens up has to be posted and you have to apply for it.

I am cautious because we have done some reorganizing lately so my current supervisor, who will still be my supervisor in the new role, will be doing the interview and I only was just moved under her a couple months ago.

So 1, I am a little nervous about the phone interview with HR and 2 a little nervous about the full regular interview. My supervisor is great, I love her but since I haven't worked with her for very long we still haven't really connected as a team.

I am not very good in an interview setting. I get nervous and can't speak. working as a trainer and leader, I get questions all day and have no problem. I think maybe it's an authority thing? I don't know. I know my job inside and out, I know the guidelines and the systems better than anyone, but being able to convey that I do in an interview i stumble over words.

Any tips?