Quantcast 5th Disney Theme Park Coming Soon? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom
    I thought that I heard somewhere that a "Sea World" like park in on the agenda for Florida.
    IF you mean a replica of Tokyo Disney Sea...then yes, it has been rumored.......

The only things that will be built at WDW in the next 10 years are more DVC units and new lands/ attractions in the existing four parks....maybe the outside chance of a further expansion at Downtown.....

all of those things are prudent and fine with me

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where would people like it

I would love a park near Downtown Disney/ Saratoga Springs/ OKW. Does anyone golf at LBV golf course? That would be a great location.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walt would build a 5th park

If anyone has ever read a book on Walt or seen the movie that they sell in the parks, it is well understood that Walt did'nt worry too much about the cost of building his parks, or making a movie. When building Disneyland he is quoted as saying that the whole family was morgaged. I am a huge Disney fan, I also understand economics. Many would argue that spending 7 billion on buying Pixar was bad economics (just follow the stock market). My point is the Disney Company historically has never been afraid to spend money. They're currently spending a bunch of it overseas. Our world is growing rappidly so there will never be a shortage in ticket sales. There will however be less and less space to hold these people within 4 parks. When this happens(most likely sooner than later) they will build the 5th park. When Disney builds it, they will fill it. The expence to refurbish old rides is always built into the buget, so a new park will not take any money away from that. After all we are talking about the biggest entertainment company in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Fix DCA and then you can worry about a 5th park at WDW!!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Local DFW Rumor

I heard on the radio yesterday that during the Super Bowl, Disney is making an announcement that they are building a new theme park just north of Frisco, TX (which is just north of the Dallas/Ft Worth area.) Seems like a really good spot for a "Midwest" Disney since there are no many large cities within just a few hours drive.

Any validity to this or is it just another rumor?

BUZZ
    "There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

That's right folks - *** PROVEN GALACTIC HERO ***

"Give me some fin. . . noggin'. . . DUUUUUDE!" - Crush

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLightbeer
    I heard on the radio yesterday that during the Super Bowl, Disney is making an announcement that they are building a new theme park just north of Frisco, TX (which is just north of the Dallas/Ft Worth area.) Seems like a really good spot for a "Midwest" Disney since there are no many large cities within just a few hours drive.

BUZZ
    Man I SO wish this were true! It actually makes a certain amount of sense due to the fact that all of mid-America would be served. That's probably why this rumor's been around so long. The last time I heard it, they were saying that it would be in the Denison area...But, alas, I'm 99.9999% sure that it's just wishful thinking.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLightbeer

BUZZ
    This is actually true. Steve Jobs is going to announce it. The name will be iPark.

First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my 2006 yearly report book for stock holders. Funny thing under the park section. They have 2 pages that fold out called dreaming. One picture has "concept for new park." On page with new Pirate adventure and Toy story mania.
    Walt Disney an American Original

Post Thanks / Like

Just read the whole thread....must chuck my two bits in with the rest, and I will call it....Disney Dream Wishlist:

-Update and modernize the gaping holes in FW in Epcot, replace both WOL and UOE with something GOOD. (wimpers and sheds a tear for Horizons....why Mr. Eisner....WHY???)

-Integrate Pixar, as previously suggested multiple times, into MGM. Add an E-ride Villains attraction and also replace IJSS with an Indian Jones ride!!! Make ST into something that won't make 90% of the populace nauseous PLEASE! We love wookies, not tossing our cookies.

-AK is still growing I just feel it. So let it bloom into an Australian area and a Mythical Beastie area. That Dino carnival area stinks...fix it or doze it. (Harsh but true.) Most importantly, MORE TS places to eat. I want to stay in the park longer, but ya gotta feed me something good. I need good Indian cuisine somewhere on property pronto.....doesn't this seem like a good place guys???

-A third water park is sorely needed, go Pirate crazy if you must, that'd be fine. A revisioned RC would even work as long as you didn't fill it with yucky lake water.

-Lastly, if you must build a 5th park in FL, please, a DisneySea for the US modeled after the gorgeous Tokyo park is the ONLY way to go. Also incorporate a hotel as the park entrance like the Mira Costa there or the Disneyland Paris hotel, THAT is a brilliant idea.

Okay good, well, wishlist rant over, seems like we all agree..... ...you have your assignments so get to work, meeting adjourned.

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably not likely that we will see a 5th WDW park. All of Disney's other resorts have 1-2 theme parks and I'm sure Disney has more focus to add a third park to the Disneyland Resort.

It would make sense to add a Florida DisneySea theme park though, to compete with SeaWorld and Islands of Adventure. In that new WDW travel channel special they did hint that
    "Animal Kingdom is the fourth and largest of the Florida parks, but certainly not the last"
    Chris
    "WDWizard"

Last Trip: Disney's Hollywood Studios/Blizzard Beach June 2008

Next Trip: Not anytime soon. Been there, seen it all, have too many t-shirts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    [CENTER]It's probably not likely that we will see a 5th WDW park.
    I don't think there will ever be a 5th park. Makes no sense at all financially.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking IF there is a 5th theme park, it will be a long, long time in the future. It has been mentioned, but the LABOR POOL must be considered. Who is going to staff this kind of expansion? They are literally (excuse me I hope this doesn't offend a CM) scrapeing the bottom of the barrel now for workers (apologies to the really enthusiastic, Disney-oriented CM's who actually have a passion for the Disney culture, as opposed to those thousands who simply want a pay check and could not possibly even tell you who Roy Disney is.) Think about it...if they hire even thousands more to run a new theme park - what kind of people will they hire? They used to be very selective. Now, if you can get thru the door, they are putting you to work.

Maybe this is off the subject, but just two weeks ago, I was asking a CM about the themeing in his shop (this was a MANAGER I was talking to...) HE HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. I said "Your shop has a back-story - every Disney shop does - don't you know the story your shop is telling?" Friends, this was a mystery to this dude. No one had ever told him that one part of the shop is the home of a Pennsylvania Dutch Family, one part was the home of a Music Teacher, and one part was the shop of a Woodcarver who makes toys for children. The MANAGER had NO IDEA. Now if this is the kind of managment in place now, what is to become of the future of WDW??? I ask you...

With that kind of thing going on, how can they possibly staff a new park?

Staffing and entirely new Theme Park at WDW is just one issue - there are many more, and many have been brought up on this thread in a truly plausible, intelligent way.

Dream on, friends. Dreaming is a Disney thing. But it will be many, many years before they announce a new Theme Park. When they do, it will be an adaptation of Tokyo DisneySea.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysDad View Post
    I don't think there will ever be a 5th park. Makes no sense at all financially.

I find your lack of faith disturbing
    I love your quote alongside your signature.
    DL 1976, 1984, 1989
    WDW 08.2006, 10.2008, 12.2010, 10.2015

Post Thanks / Like

Default interesting side thought

While I am certainly not saying I think that Disney is hot on the path to a 5th park I do have one observation.... Has anyone noticed how many more hotel rooms they are building in the next 3 years? The west expansion for value and moderate rooms (4000-5000 rooms), the 4 seasons (1000+ rooms), the DVC contemporary and AK (probably 2000 or more rooms between them), Waldorf and Hilton (I know they are not Disney but they don't just randomly build things either), Marriot World Center (from my rewards news letter they are adding more buildings). Where are they planning to put all these thousands of rooms worth of people during the days?

Does anyone happen to know what the hotel expansion schedule was like in the past versus theme park openings?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotel Rooms

Jim Hill has said that with the additional expansion of hotels, they will have about 5,000 too many. I can't believe that Disney would be that stupid. Something must be up. If it's not a new theme park, then it could be a round of major new attractions.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: