Quantcast Is Disney clean? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

They may have cut the cleaning crew down but was smart in getting more birds and squirells to get the popcorn up. The WDW is the cleanest of any parks I have seen.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the way people in today's world have no respect for any one else or their property, I would have to say they do a good job at WDW keeping things clean.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I think WDW is very clean !! I always see a CM walking around with a broom in his hand picking up something of the ground. It's one of the cleanest places I ever seen.. I know some people say that there is room for improvement, but you know what I am in WDW the happiest place on earth , I am too busy having a good time. I don't think about looking around for spilled ice-cream on the ground .. Some people are just slobs and don't pick up after themselves.. Yeah Disney is one of the cleanest and most picturesque places I ever been too..

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]July 1996 off site
    July 2001 off site
    May 2004 AKL
    May 2005 All Star Resort Movies
    May 2006 PoP Century
    May 2007 POFQ
    June 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
    April 2010 Disney Boardwalk Inn

November 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Certainly cleaner than Six Flags type parks, but not as clean as when my wife and I made our first trips to WDW back in the mid-80s.
    The main thing I notice is the how certain areas have been allowed to deteriorate. Now we seeing peeling paint in some places and we NEVER saw that back in the 80s or early 90s.
    Thanks to some medication I'm on I get to see almost every bathroom in the parks over the course of a trip and while they normally are quite clean, there have some that looked like they hadn't been visited by a cleaning crew in hours.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darin M View Post
    The park is clean, but the water sure aint. Have you tasted it recently? The water purification system must be Davy Jones Locker. In true Disney format, if the water was animated, it would be a villain. It stinks!

Even Crystal lite and Kool-Aid cant help water that tastes as if its been through Ursula's sweaty cleavage.

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Feb. 1988, Jan. 1991, Oct. 2002, Feb. 2005 all off site

Feb. 15-23, 2008 All Star Movies

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

DIsney keeps it's parks VERY clean. Everything is immaculet, INHO, except for smoking areas which are just disgusting all around. IMHO.

I thought the park looked very clean when I was there.
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, I am never able to attend during peak seasons because that's my company's busiest time of the year, but on the off-peak vacations I've attended (May, October, Christmas between holidays) it is extremely clean.

Bear in mind, this is a mammoth 47 sq. mi. themed resort we're talking about, not just one building or park. I think they do an amazing job at keeping things very tidy. Of course, I'm from Pittsburgh and I have Kennywood to compare it to. If none of you have visited Kennywood, while it's a quaint park, it is not very clean.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WEDTOPIA View Post
    Everbody , .... go check out your local roadways , shopping centers , parks , neighborhoods ,towns , amusement parks , and any other spot you can think of. Then go to WDW and compare.
    For a place that handles over 40 million turns per year, with some of the messiest slobs on the planet among them , yah , it's pretty darn clean.

I agree 100%! I actually noticed how clean the bathrooms were in WDW on our last trip. I have a tiny bladder AND a 4year old, so I was in a lot of bathrooms LOL and we didn't find one mess in a stall, every single stall had TP and the seat covers, paper towels, etc. Would I eat off the floor? Defnitely not LOL but it's nice to use a public restroom that's not a filty disgusting mess.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

AwPhooey is offline Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with pretty much everyone else: cleaner than any other park I've been to, but not as clean as it used to be.

I remember during one of my first trips to WDW, there were always CMs out sweeping up trash, etc. I've never seen any huge messes, but I have seen popcorn boxes on the ground, something I don't think I could have said 20 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I can attest that at least one Six Flags park has sent business the way of Disney...exactly because of how disgustingly dirty and depressingly un-cared for it was.

Hubby and I went to WDW in 2004, and I have been pining to get back. But he said that he felt it was important that we visit some other locations around the world first before we head back to The World. I grudgingly agreed.

Skip back to last summer. Six Flags had taken over the ONLY local theme park years ago, and we had never gone. Mainly because the price shot through the roof, but the improvements made seemed to be small (you can see it from the freeway). We had read bad review after bad review, and warned over and over that the price was too high, and the park was shambles. But I was too curious to stay away, and had been dying for a theme park fix. So I insisted we go check it out...

It was as bad as they say. Honestly, some of the newer sections were pretty nicely themed, but the upkeep was dismal, and though it was Labor Day Weekend (my birthday!), nearly every little kiosk was closed (I suspect it wasn't open all summer with the way they looked). The only place to eat was a SUBWAY SANDWICH HUT (unless you count the ice cream stand), and the sandwiches were double the usual prices. No exaggeration--DOUBLE ($11 for a Subway sandwich??!!)

We wandered around further, and saw miserable signs of disrepair. Paint peeling, pine needles and leaves rotting where they had not been cleaned away, attractions that had closed a decade ago, but never removed and simply left without any attention and became nothing more than a spot for mice and rats to fester in storage sheds, trash trash trash EVERYWHERE.

The park before Six Flags was little more than a glorified traveling carnival--the ****** (rhymes with nappy) old 1970's portable rides put in semi-permanent housings. Those rides? Still there! I think possibly even the same machinery! A few rides that have been added since are permanent, lovely structures (albeit a pale attempt at revitalization); but some which had been added are simply MORE lame, portable carnival rides! Sum total: one really good wooden coaster, one not-good coaster with loops which is jerky and so short they have people ride twice, a semi-okay log ride, one "hammer" type ride themed to the added area, and then three or four lame portable rides with no theming or decoration to hide the fact.

As the day got more and more depressing (despite running into some friends randomly who were celebrating another birthday! that was probably the only highlight), we drove home. I grumbled the entire way about what a horrible park experience it was, and how totally spoiled I have become thanks to Disney!

About 4 hours later, I literally stamped my foot and stated, 'That's IT! I AM PLANNING A RETURN DISNEY WORLD VACATION!

Hubby agreed.

We go this September, almost a year to the day of the dismal Six Flags experience, to celebrate my birthday the way it SHOULD be!

We Disney fans are spoiled. And we deserve it. Everyone does. Six Flags Magic Mountain was better than our local, though not at all on par with Disney. At least they have some of the best coasters in the country...but Disney wins the cleanness award hands down!

Post Thanks / Like

The place is spotless. I have been 3 times 1980, 2000 and 2005. I was too young to even notice cleanliness the first time so I couldn't possibly compare it with now. In my 2 recent trips I was amazed by how clean they keep it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Got Back

We just got back on 3/18,eight days of theme parks.The only mess I saw was one rest room that had towel litter on the floor.
    Travelling with my nephew who has ADD,he was super fussy.But he managed to do what he needed .
    Disney parks are being kept as clean as possible.
    I think littering is a capital offense in WDW.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been very happy with the cleanliness of WDW. When you consider the number of people they clean up after each day, it's amazing they are able to do such a good job. I remember feeling guilty on one occasion after I dropped a few pieces of popcorn on the ground because a woman with a broom magically appeared and cleaned my spill within seconds. It was so surprising because you don't see that kind of attention to cleanliness at other parks.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with most and say that it isn't as clean as it use to be but it is definately cleaner the it's competition. Last time i went, i was able to go to Sea World first. It was like night and day. Granted they are two totally different parks in concept but their maintenance and upkeep were totally different. WDW was by far the better kept and cleaner park.
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Disneyworld is the cleanest theme park in the world I believe. Canada's Paramount Wonderland is pretty clean too. So was Busch Gardens. But I definitely think Disney is a stickler for cleanliness. Walt was a huge clean freak. He didn't want any gum on the sidewalks, and he didn't want any garbage. That was his huge peeve from the dirty old Fairs and amusment parks he'd been too.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely!! Compared to some of the other amusement parks I've been to, you can probably eat off the pavement! (Not that I ever would... unless I dropped a piece of Mickey Bar chocolate... ) I think the staff does a GREAT job keeping the park beautiful!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darin M View Post
    The park is clean, but the water sure aint. Have you tasted it recently? The water purification system must be Davy Jones Locker. In true Disney format, if the water was animated, it would be a villain. It stinks!
    The mineral content in the water in Florida is probably different than what you're used to. Higher levels of sulfur can make the water smell and taste different, but tap water is purified to the required standards and is fine to drink.

As far as WDW being clean--I have been going there since the 70's and have not seen a significant deterioration in it's cleanliness. Considering how large it's grown over the years, I think that's pretty impressive.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaner than most palces you may go with the amount of people that go trough. It used to be much cleaner. I think most people don't care about picking up after themselves like how I was raised. I is amazing how many people just toss the trash on the ground when a trash can is just a short distance away.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why Disney's Clean

In the book Keys to the Kingdom: Seven Secrets to Disney's Success, the fictional character is invited to a speech delivered by Michael Eisner. There, Eisner replies to a question regarding Disney's cleanliness by stating there are approximately 55,000 custodians, including him. In other words, Disney has done such a magnificent job with its cast members during "traditions," that each member is also a part of the custodial staff. That is one reason the parks are so clean!!!

WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post

As far as WDW being clean--I have been going there since the 70's and have not seen a significant deterioration in it's cleanliness. Considering how large it's grown over the years, I think that's pretty impressive.
    That's almost exactly what I was going to say. For everyone blaming Eisner for cutting the budgets on maintenance and custodians, remember...if not for Eisner, we'd still have two parks and 7 hotels...if that...don't forget, Paramount was making a bid to buy WDW when Eisner took over.

Now, if you give him credit for more than doubling the size of WDW, THEN you can blame him for it being dirtier...cuz there's more guests and more space to cover. But all in all, I can't say I've noticed a severe decline anywhere, except maybe in the Mousekeeping at some of the resorts...but the same thing applies. When you only need 100 mousekeepers, you hire the 100 best. When you need 1000, then you have to take what you can get.

Just my .02
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: