Quantcast Have the parades been around too long?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have the parades been around too long?

Does anybody else think this?

This upcoming October it will be seven years since the parades that are currently running first arrived. And while they were great for a couple of years, it's time they left. And maybe not all of them need to go, but at least two! And they need to put a new parade in Epcot as well. And if you like them that's fine, but, Disney is well known for it's entertainment, and the parades have always been changing, this is the longest a series of daytime parades has been around and I really feel like it's time they left.

Anybody else feel this way?
    Walt Disney World College Program:
    Upcoming: 08-27-07 to 01-04-08 Operations!!!

"Keep Moving Forward"-Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well they updated the one parade and removed the snowglodes from most of the floats. I think the problem is they spend alot of money producing the parades and quite frankly there is not much they haven't done yet. To me the parades were never too much of a draw except for the special holiday version and I love SpectroMagic. So if they keep the same parades longer it wouldn't bother me at all.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, love Spectromagic and hope it stays around for a while. The 3pm parade is nice, but once you've seen it once or twice, I think most ppl would prefer to experience the attractions.

As JPL said - it takes time and money to produce a parade, so I don't think Disney would want to renew the parades too often.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

mttafire Guest

Default Agree

I agree with the above post. The current parades seem fine to me and ALOT of folks line the streets to watch them. You can only come up with so many parade ideas and i actually like the current ones!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm tired of the 3 o'clock parade too, but honestly Parades are not why I come to disney and I don't care if I get to see a parade or not...I would however, like to see The Electric Light Parade again.
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parades

This May will be the first time to WDW. I have made plans to catch the parades. Please tell me they are not disappointing !?! I hope my 2 boys (9&10) will enjoy them!!!!
    Karolyn

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Swann View Post
    This May will be the first time to WDW. I have made plans to catch the parades. Please tell me they are not disappointing !?! I hope my 2 boys (9&10) will enjoy them!!!!
    You WILL love the parades. We watch them EVERYtime!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've not seen the newest afternoon parade at MK. I enjoyed the previous one. By all means, Disney parades far outdo any parade I've seen outside the World. For some reason I'm not really drawn to AK's nor MGM's parades. But if I had to choose between those and our local one during Homecoming, I'd go with Disney any day of the week.

Now, Spectromagic? I could watch that everyday for the rest of my life. LOVE it! I never saw the Electric Light Parade, so I have to say Spectromagic is my all time favorite.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yes, they do need to put a parade back into EPCOT that is the first move........

Now as far as changing the parades..... I loved the Main Street Electrical Parade..... and would go watch it again any time...... I also love the Electric Water Pageant and it has only changed once since Disney World opened.... So I like what we have......

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

We were only able to see Tapestry of Nations once and Tapestry of Dreams once. Those were both FANTASTIC and very unique as parades go. I would love for one of those pulled out of the moth balls to celebrate EPCOT's 25th anniversary. I would make a special trip just to see it. The others are fine, too, but now that I have seen them all several times, I can take them or leave them, except for Spectromagic. It just doesn't seem like I've been there, if I miss that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We don't bother with the daytime parades but NEVER miss Spectromagic!!!
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

i think that parade at AK can definitely be redone. personally i think it is a lame parade. the best parade is the spectromagic parade. is there a parade at epcot?
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

There is not a parade at Epcot currently, although there were rumors that they would put one in soon, those rumors just kind of died.

And while I understand it cost money to put in those parades, I think it seems they are cheaping out. In the 90's Disneyland and WDW got a new parade in every year or two, and now....they have the same parades until they come up w/ a new celebration or just change them for that new celebration(MK's 3pm parade) and maybe it's just because I'm a big fan of live entertainment like this, but I just feel they should update it constantly.
    Walt Disney World College Program:
    Upcoming: 08-27-07 to 01-04-08 Operations!!!

"Keep Moving Forward"-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

please, no epcot parade!! it is the one park where i don't have to plan around the parade route. where everything stops and you can't get from point a to point b. where people get downright rude and crowd the walkways for hours. i really really really dislike parades. i just hope disney decides to spend money on something besides an epcot parade.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the best parade ver was the Tapestry of Nations Parade in 2000 at Epcot. It was incredable!
    Enjoying the Magic every year since 1971!

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is they used to change the daytime parades more often than they do now. Some people have talked about the cost as an excuse but that just doesn't fly. You should see how often TDL gets new parades. It seems like every year. As far as Spectromagic goes it needs to go. It is ridiculous that we have gone this long without a new nighttime parade. With all the advancement in LED technology just imagine the night time parade they could come up with today. My biggest complaint thou is the lack of proper parade lighting at MK along the parade route. It is just too dark for the parties. When you go to DL and see the amazing lighting they have along their parade route what we have here is a joke. I just wish they would fix that problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE watching the parade on our first day at Disney and then the other days we ride all the rides line free during the parades.
    1986 Off Site
    1994 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2004 Off Site
    2008 Pop Century
    2011 Off Site MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I think the parades are great. Do they need to change? Perhaps. But not everyone gets to visit WDW often enough to recogize that the parades haven't changed for a few years.

I admit, I don't often see the daytime parades. If I happen to be in the area, I'll definitely watch, but I don't schedule my day for them. So, what I do see I really enjoy. I love the night time parade. I love both SpectroMagic and the Electrical Parade. I almost think I'd be disappointed if they did change them, although on the other hand a new parade would be exciting as well.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I love the AK parade!

I love spectromagic too - but I dunno I find the crowds insane. Dh has sworn them off. Anyone have any bright ideas?
    "People can be only divided into good or bad; their race, religion, nationality don't matter." Irena Krzyzanowska

TiggerRPh Guest

We haven't gone to the afternoon parades in quite some time. Even though they've made some minor changes to the MK parade the changes didn't seem to be enough to warrant seeing it again.

I really wish that they would bring back a parade similar to the Tapestry of Dreams...that was a unique parade.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: