Quantcast Rate the Parks on a Scale of 1-10 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Epcot 9-its my fav park. the countries the technology
    MK 8-its the original. but i dont spend as much time there
    MGM-8 Movie themes which i love
    AK-7 its the park i spend least time in
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

AK- 9 I have the most fun here, so it's become my new favorite. I didn't give it a 10 because it could use a few more rides as fun as E:E and Dinosaur. I love just walking around and looking at the animals. I also like Dino-Rama... I guess I "get it".

EPCOT- 8.5 As I get older, I have more fun here. I loooove Soarin' and Test Track, but the place also needs more rides as great as those. I really enjoy walking around World Showcase having a few drinks and eating yummy food.

MK- 6 Eh, it's usually too crowded and there aren't many rides worth the wait. I enjoy it more when there are less stollers and ECVs in my way. On empty days, I give it an 8.

MGM- 3 Tower of Terror & RnRc- 10+
    This was my favorite park for many many years and I hope they take care of it soon. It makes me sad. And please remove that eyesore of a hat. There is NO WHERE to eat in this park, either.(I've eaten at most of the places) It's like a non-park.

Typhoon Lagoon- 8 I thought I'd add this because I LOVE it so much. I could spend the whole day here. i usually do.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=WDWacky;1246605]Animal Kingdom 3 - Flame me all you want, but I have never connected with Animal Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Figgyluv03 View Post
    AK - 3 - Now before everyone jumps on my back about this, let me just say that I have only been there once, towards the end of the day to see Tarzan Rocks so I haven't really gotten to explore the park, and I know they have added a lot of stuff since I was last there in 2001.
    Sorry guys, I must flame you about this...I think a 3 is just way too high!

Magic Kingdom- 10
    Epcot- 7
    MGM- 5
    Animal Kingdom- 1
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    Animal Kingdom - 3 - Flame me all you want, but I have never connected with Animal Kingdom. There's nothing to do, it's hot, too spread out, there's no good place to eat and get out of the blistering heat, and it has Dino-Rama (which is reason enough not to like it). Yes, the addition of Everest has elevated it from a "skip it" park (I hadn't visited AK in years before Everest open and I have an annual pass), to a "must visit once a trip park", but it still needs A LOT of help to get it anywhere near the other three parks.
    I wouldn't flame one of my favorite Intercotees, especially one that I generally agree with, but I was wondering why we disagree so much on AK. I know there aren't a lot of rides, and perhaps a bare minimum of dining choices, but aren't the animal attractions alone worth at least a 5? The animal exhibits are far superior to any offered in our native New England, or perhaps you aren't a big fan of zoos? I take my kids to the zoo all of the time, so I suppose I'm a bit obsessed with it.

Anyway...
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yeah, I'm okay with zoos but it's just not what I want out of a Disney theme park.

A zoo is a zoo ... if I want a zoo I'll go to a zoo.

From Disney, I expect more especially in terms of the amount of rides there are in AK. I just can't get excited about spending $3,000 to stand and look at dead spiders or watch birds fly around.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

1) Magic Kingdom- 9.5

MK is classic Disney. Cinderella Castle, Pirates, Splash, HM, Philharmagic, Pooh, BTMRR, SM, COP, TTA, and many other worthwhile attractions.

2) Animal Kingdom- 9.0

An excellent park with superior theming. The animals alone make the AK special. Continuing new births of elephants, rhinos, and now a giraffe, contribute to the success of the animal conservation program. The Safari, Everest, Dinosaur, and Festival of the Lion King are some of WDW's best attractions. Add Bugs Life, Khali, Primeval Whirl, the Nemo show and the walking trails and you have a 1-2+ day park.

3) Epcot- 8.0

The average of WS- 10 and FW -6. Epcot is easily the #1 TS location at WDW, plus
    SE is a classic, Soarin is great, and TT, MS, Figment, Universe of Energy are worthwhile, but FW is still somewhat weak.

4) Disney-MGM Studios- 7.50

TOT, RNRC, and Fantasmic are top notch. GMR, Star Tours, Muppets, Indy, Beauty & The Beast, Lights Motors Action are all solid. A few new attractions are needed to bring MGM up to the next level.

Post Thanks / Like

MK - 10 THe ulltimate theme park that all others strive to be. Good mix for all ages. Brings out the kid in all of us.

Epcot - 8.5 One of my favorites. Could improve on entertainment for the younger ones and could do a little more with the World Showcase.

MGM - 7.5 I love MGM but for us regulars it's getting a little stale. Maybe bring in the Indiana Joens ride from California?

AK - 7 As this park grows it should get better. I would give it slightly lower marks but the Safari ride is top notch and something Walt would be proud of. EE is a good addition and brings it up a lot from two years ago.

These ratings are based on what I expect from WDW. If I were giving out scores with other theme parks in mind these would be much higher. In my humble opinion AK is still better than any non-Disney park I've visited inlcuding SIx Flags, Universal and Sea World.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

mk-10- it is the greatest theme park in the world. nothing compares to this park. it has lots of rides that range from thrill to just leisurely. i love it
    epcot- 7- i wasn't hat impressed with epcot. though i didn't spend a lot of time looking at all the counrties. i like futureworld but i still would like to look at all the countries slower next time i go. test track and soarin are awesome.
    mgm-8- i like mgm but it doens't have a lot of great stuff. tower of terror and aerosmith rollercoaster are awesome. really thats all ive seen there because when we went we didn't have a lot of time there.
    AK-8- it has lots of great things. EE and KS are two of the best things at WDW. but it is too spread out for me. there aren't any great restaurants there either.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

What fun, and no one should be flamed for giving their honest ratings and opinions, just what this thread is for.

MK - 9.5 - The original WDW park. It has everything fantasy, just what I look for in WDW. Leave the real world at I-4 and just enjoy. Main Street and seeing Cinderella Castle give me goosebumps, every time. The rides are some of the best at WDW. Nothing is perfect, however, hence not the 10.

Epcot - 9.0 - As our daughter gets older, we find ourselves spending more time here. I look forward to exploring more of the countries in WS and taking in more shows and eating at more restaurants on our future trips. Soarin', Test Track, and Mission Space very much embody the spirit of FW, and Spaceship Earth is one of the most awesome rides anywhere.

Studios - 7.5 - Is there a better way to jumpstart the day than a ride in the front seat of the first car of RnRC? I don't think so. LMA is a nice addition, but the Backlot Tour is a shell of its former self. There is definitely room for improvement here, especially Sounds Dangerous. Fantasmic is the best nighttime show in WDW, in my opinion.

AK - 8.5 - I'm basing the higher than Studios rating on anticipation of riding EE next time. I can only figure this will make this park all the better. A different type of park than the other 3 perhaps. More of a slow down, take your time and soak in the atmosphere, theming, and animals. Love the Safari best here for rides (probably will be replaced with EE as favorite). Lion King show is just amazing.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

This is a tough one. Ok, here it goes from a single perspective without children.

MK - 7 - It's a great park. I love hte memories it brings back from when I was a kid and first visited in 1971 (I've seen the pictures my mother has). I don't like that I can't get a cold one . With all of those screaming children I think you need it, and maybe parents will have less stress. It is a must for every trip though.

EPCOT- 9 - I love this place! I like furture world and enjoy all of the attractions there. I don't care that they changed some of the pavillions there, infact I encourage it. I am even looking forward to the changes of the future whatever they may be. World Showcase is my favorite place! I enjoy seeing the different cultures and sampling the various food and drinks. I could spend days there.

MGM - 2 - I am so bored there. We now have this park down to a few hour visit. Nothing to do except RRC and TT. Eberything else is worn out. The backlot tour is a huge waste of time.

AK - 10 - This place is so beautiful. I love the animals and I love the attractions. I do think camp minnie micky needs some help. I am sure as time progresses it will become one of the best parks ever.

Water Parks - 5 - I like them both, but not a big water park fan.

Pleasure Island - 8 - I love the clubs, but a bit slow most of our visits.

Overall WDW - 25. I love WDW more than any ohter place on earth! Just my opinion.
    Enjoying the Magic every year since 1971!

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom - 10 It will always be my first park to visit - classic Disney!

Epcot - 8 I love Epcot, they were still building Epcot during my first visit to WDW and I got a chance to see it under construction from afar. I have always been fascinated with Walt's original intention for Epcot (which can be seen in model form on the Tomorrowland Transportation ride) I love WS.

Animal Kingdom - 7 AK really impressed me this time around with Dinosaur and Everest, still not thrilled with it though.

MGM - 6 This park has so much potential but it just doesn't rock my world. I don't hate it, in fact I love it, but compared with thye others it only gets a 6.
    2004 Polynesian
    2004 Contemporary
    2007 Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Rate the Parks on a Scale of 1-10

MK = 10: Is this classic Disney or what?
    Epoct = 10: So much to do and see and great dining! Reminds me of the Worl'd Fair of my childhood.
    AK = 9: AK is a magnificent accomplishment. Very beautiful and amazing how they natualized the enviornment. EE is awsome!
    MGM = 7: Many enjoyable things to experience but not a priority visit. Fantasmic is not to miss attraction as are some of the rides. Never a full day visit for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom- 10
    ALL of the rides are good and most are little-kid friendly so the entire family can enjoy (LOVE that!) I can't think of anything I'd like to change here, so it's a 10.

Epcot- 7
    Future World needs a FACE LIFT badly. I wanted 30 minutes of my life back after watching Ellen and the dinosaurs... I can't stand to see empty/unused buildings (like the GIANT empty space in FW next to Mexico), and some of the attractions (like Ellen) need to have new life breathed into them! With that said, Epcot has the AWESOME Nemo attraction, Test Track and a few other really GREAT things so it gets a 7. It does need a face lift though.

MGM- 8
    I'd give it more if it were bigger and had more attractions. It also needs a really GOOD character meal (like Toy Story, Incredibles, etc.) Overall, I love this park- mostly for RnR, ToT, and the Lights Motor Action show. LOTS of room for improvement here.

Animal Kingdom- 7
    Three things I don't care for: Needs more rides, the layout has too many dead ends and "one way in/one way out" paths and for that reason is DIFFICULT to navigate, and the park is only accessible by bus. I like the rides and shows, so I give it an 7, but it's my least favorite park I think.
    Last edited by Melanie; 04-07-2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Per Terms of Service

Post Thanks / Like

MK - 9 , This is a great park and loads of fun. Its also a very special place for children and for there dreams to come true.. and the faces on the children priceless...

Epcot 8 , I love sourin , test track, the land pavilions.. Very beautiful landscape

Mgm - 7 .. fun park , needs a new attraction

Ak - 9 - I love the animals, Expedition Everest my favorite ride.. Very beautiful park..
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]July 1996 off site
    July 2001 off site
    May 2004 AKL
    May 2005 All Star Resort Movies
    May 2006 PoP Century
    May 2007 POFQ
    June 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
    April 2010 Disney Boardwalk Inn

November 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

MK - 8 - A classic park, but tends to feel waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too crowded.

Epcot - 10 - A beautiful, diverse, and fun park with some of the best food in WDW that will keep us busy for two to three days. I'd gladly just spend a day walking around, enjoying the wonderful atmosphere in Future World and World Showcase without doing any rides. I especially love the instrumental music they play in the FW courtyards. Oh yeah, and it has three of the best WDW rides ever: Mission: SPACE, Test Track, and Soarin', as well as Spaceship Earth, a classic.

Studios - 8 - Three great thrill rides (ToT, RNRC, and Star Tours), as well as a bunch of great shows (like Beauty and the Beast and formerly Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It!), and some more tame rides that are fun (Great Movie Ride and Backlot Tour). However, it is quite cramped, and some rides could use an update.

AK - 5 - Nice atmosphere, but really only has two good rides (E:E and Dinosaur). When it opened, this was not a very good park at all, but it has improved. Oh, and that off the shelf Dinoland thing is a complete joke. I thank God that Michael Eisner left every time that I see that mess.

Post Thanks / Like

OK Guys here it is......

MK a BIG 10!!!!! I melt when I see the castle!!!

EPCOT I'll give it a 8 a few years ago it would have been a few points less but now the kids are getting older and we enjoy the WS more.

AK a strong 10 I still haven't been on EE but that should only make it better.

MGM this is another story....It doesn't scream Disney to me like the others I am going to have to give it a 5....I hate to admit it but we usually opt for the other studios....(if you know what I mean)
    Feb. 1988, Jan. 1991, Oct. 2002, Feb. 2005 all off site

Feb. 15-23, 2008 All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Here's Mine

Thinking about this, I found it hard to rate each park. The moment I wanted to rate one park lower than another, I felt bad for that park because there are things I love in each park.

Therefore, using my DD3 as my criteria, I've now rated them as how much enjoyment I have when we attend WDW as a family. (In the past, it was just my wife and I.)

MK - 10. This is the exact park I would create if I wanted a place to take my daughter on a Saturday afternoon. (Ooops, that is EXACTLY why Walt created Disneyland.) It is clean; it is beautiful; as a family, we can ride almost every ride and in her eyes, each ride is wonderful. Imagine you are a 3-year-old and being able to ride such wonderful attractions as Tiki Rooms, POTC, HM, Peter Pan, Philharmagic, and SOOO MANY MORE. I love when we take her there. And now, we have a much more relaxed attitude when we go. We no longer try to "plan out the day" in order to "maximize our time" to ride as many "E-ticket" rides as possible. We simply absorb and enjoy the entire park. I love being a parent!!!

Animal Kingdom - 9. Originally, this was a one-day park for us on any vacation. But now, because this is one of my daughter's favorite parks, it's one we really look forward to and visit at least twice each trip. First off, as a contractor, I am really impressed with the theming. (Look at the walkways. I am still amazed how they made the concrete look like well-worn, dirt paths, complete with protruding roots. On my dad's first (and only) trip there, we both could not get over the effort it had to take to create these paths.) Everywhere you look you are submerged in the theme. Simply Beautiful! And there are great attractions there to share as a family. Except for Dinosaur, Primevel Whirl, and E:E, we can ride EVERY other attraction together and have a great time doing it. The effort it must have taken to create Kilimanjaro Safari had to be enormous.

Epcot 8. This is a tough one to rate because although there's still plenty of attractions we can ride as a family, there's plenty we can't (Soarin', M:S, EEA, Body Wars, Test Track, etc.). When it was just DW and I, we always visited this park the most. The World Showcase in the evening is hard to top anywhere. And it's still one of my favorite places at night. But now, as a family, my daughter doesn't get that much out of WS. So, when scheduling trips, I don't mete out much time here.

Disney-MGM 8. This park would receive an 8 if it only had TOT and nothing else. That is my all-time favorite ride. And despite being more of a thill-park geared toward a younger audience, there's still plenty we can do as a family. We can see Playhouse Disney, Indiana Jones show, Little Mermaid, LMA, and of course Fantasmic. Also, there are great food options here. The Little Einsteins character breakfast is something we're looking forward to this upcoming trip. And we LOVE Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre.

Overall, I guess I'm saying if you're planning a family trip, you want to be able to spend time with your family. And that's how I rated the parks. Not to mention, I'd take any one of these parks over what we have back home.

Just one man's opinion.
    Last edited by MrPeetrie; 04-08-2007 at 10:42 AM. Reason: typo
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

MK - 9 This being the original park at WDW as well as the fantasy and whimsy of this park make it a favorite for me. Not only do we ride/attend almost every ride and attraction in this park every time we go, but this is the park that pulls out the kid in me the most. I even find myself grinning ear to ear from a glance of a character.

AK - 8 This is clearly my second favorite park. We have been there many times since it's 1998 opening, but I am still in awe over the beauty and inspiration of this park. It should be explored at a much slower pace than the other parks as it's not just about rides and attractions. The authenticity of the feeling of Africa and Asia is amazing to me. I walk around trying to capture the feeling and images for as long as possible. I give this park and 8 only because I do think as a theme park it could use another dark ride or two. And the carnival thing in Dinoland is so totally distracting and tacky looking, it ruins my mood just looking at it.

EP - 7 This has always been a very enjoyable park for us, but over the years some things have slid a bit backward. The Living Seas was once our favorite attraction, but in recent years it's become somewhat depressing. We have not been there since the new Nemo ride, but from what I read, it's more of a kids ride now instead of showcasing the beauty and mystery of the sea. I'm also very saddened by the closing of the Wonders of Life pavilion. And I do think it's long past time for a new World Showcase country or two.

MGM - 3 This has never been a favorite park for us, but now I feel like when I really think about MGM I think about 2 great rides and Fantasmic. If not for park hopper tickets, we would not go to this park at all and even with hopper tickets, we do not spend more than 1/2 day out of an entire trip. Everyone to their own opinion, but when I'm trying to give a overview of all the parks to anyone who hasn't been there yet, I find myself telling them not to expect much from MGM. I think other parks in the Orlando area have so much more to offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot 9 I love going around the world
    Magic Kingdom 9 It is magical!
    MGM 7 I love ToT, RnRC, and Star Tours, but it is missing something. And that big hat is dumb I miss the view down the street.
    AK 6 I'm not a huge fan but I haven't been able to do a whole lot in it. I love EE and Dinosaur.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: