Quantcast Cancellations are very important...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cancellations are very important...

What is it with Le Cellier? That is my favorite place to eat, yet it is the most difficult to get reservation for. I am headed down to WDW on May 6. Just yesterday I got a reservation for Le Cellier. I told her that I didn't care if it was for lunch or dinner. She had ONE--only one--time to offer. It was a 1:20 lunch. She said someone had just cancelled it, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten anything. I told her that I would take it. So just want to remind people that even though you might not think it is important to cancel when you know you won't go, it really means a lot to those of us that are waiting standby!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very true and well said
    We are going May 6th also but we skipped Le Cellier this time. We are doing Rose & Crown instead. Have a great time. See you at the World

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

It's also a good reminder to make those ADRs early, as close to the 180 day mark as possible, if you hope to eat at the more popular restaurants. Late planners or last minute diners still have plenty of options, but Le Cellier usually isn't one of them.

A funny aside, I was just looking at my Birnbaum Dining Guide from 2005 and it lists Le Cellier (along with Biergarten) as one of their favorite places to find easy walk-up seating in the event that one doesn't have ADRs. How times have changed.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to get lecellier for late May. I was 100 days out. I could only get a 9:15pm ressie... or lunch.

Posts here and the CM mentioned it is one of the smallest restaurants in the showcase.. Not to mention it's very popular.

Scott
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

We are going in Sept 07 and I only got a lunch also.. I have been told its as hot as the castle now. I have some clients going in May and they couldn't get in at all. I know they are closed for a small time in may for refurb's.
    It does have small seating for it.
    Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

The are also closed for a refurb in May as well. We have our ressies for just a couple days before they close.

Going May 6-19!! Can't wait.
    Last edited by dolphinmickey9170; 04-24-2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We had a ADR for Le Cellier last trip and decieded to change it. We called about 4 hrs before our ADR and were able to get a ADR for Coral Reef, the CM on the phone asked us 3 times if we were sure we wanted to cancel the Le Cellier! She said someone is going to be very happy to get this one!
    We were happy that someone had cancelled Coral Reef too, the CM said that one had just shown up on the list, so we lucked out.

If you can't get Le Cellier then branch out there are lots of other great dining spots in Epcot. Rose and Crown is especially nice for lunch if you can get a patio spot. Also lunch is a good option for most places and cheaper too..then you can walk off all that good food!

Bev
    POP for the Holidays and MVMCP! Dec6-12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    A funny aside, I was just looking at my Birnbaum Dining Guide from 2005 and it lists Le Cellier (along with Biergarten) as one of their favorite places to find easy walk-up seating in the event that one doesn't have ADRs. How times have changed.
    If I'm not mistaken, Unofficial 2007 says something along those lines as well.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I was sooo happy to get my reservation at LeCellier for our upcoming end of August trip.

It made my week... most of the dining for the girls, and a few great places for Mom and Dad too!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I called for our ADRs exactly 180 days out for Sept. It was also before they announced the free dining. We were able to get Le Cellier at 6:00 pm no problem. Not the case a couple years ago. Had to go with a 4:00 dinner, but we took whatever we could get. I way very excited to get what I wanted this year. We are taking my parents and I know my father will love dinner here (we are French Canadian background). Good luck to everyone out there eating at the places they want to!!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of which, we were amongst the unlucky that could not get ressies, even though our trip is 150+ days away still. So, that being said, any recommendations for other steak houses. My husbands a big steak fan, so I thought Le Cellier would be nice, but oh well!
    What about Concourse Steak House? Anyone have opinions of that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    The are also closed for a refurb in May as well. We have our ressies for just a couple days before they close.

Going May 6-19!! Can't wait.
    You had me scared there for a moment. We are going late May and have ADR for LeCellier (lunch party of 9). Then I found on the information page that they are going to be closed up until we get there

Now if I can figure out what to do for 3 more sit down meals.

Kerri
    Disney's Fairway Villa (1994)
    Ft. Wilderness Campground (2003, 2007)
    offsite conference (2004)
    Port Orleans Riverside (2005, 2009
    Wilderness Lodge (2008)
    Pop Century (2010, 2011)

Post Thanks / Like

You could try the Yachtmans Steak house over at the Yacht club. It's a quick walk though the International Gateway entrance. It's about a 10 minute walk from LeCellier.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McGoofy View Post
    What is it with Le Cellier? That is my favorite place to eat, yet it is the most difficult to get reservation for. I am headed down to WDW on May 6. Just yesterday I got a reservation for Le Cellier. I told her that I didn't care if it was for lunch or dinner. She had ONE--only one--time to offer. It was a 1:20 lunch. She said someone had just cancelled it, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten anything. I told her that I would take it. So just want to remind people that even though you might not think it is important to cancel when you know you won't go, it really means a lot to those of us that are waiting standby!
    We were at WDW last week. I called to check the day that we wanted to eat there and they were able to accomodate us at 4:30. It was earlier than I wanted, but they got us in right away. I cancelled the lunch that I had at 1:20.

Last week, the first 3 days we waited up to one hour even with ADR's at LTT, Cape May and Ohana breakfast. The rest of the week we were called right at our reservation time.

Post Thanks / Like

Just had to share...

I've been calling for several weeks now trying to get a breakfast at Chef Mickey's for our trip at the end of this month... with no luck. But today, I got it!!! Someone had just cancelled and we got the best day and time and everything, I am very excited. So yes, cancellations are very important. And as a side note, with a 7:50AM breakfast at Chef Mickey's, do you think we'll make it in time for the opening ceremony at the Magic Kingdom? I guess we should show up at the podium 20 minutes early and wish for the best? At any rate, I'm thrilled!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We always cancel if we have a change of plans. That said, we change our ADR's very little for this very reason, because it is so hard to get in elsewere. The thing that really gets me are those who make 2 or more ressies per night with intentions of atually eating at only one of them and never bother to cancel the others.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

And as a side note, with a 7:50AM breakfast at Chef Mickey's, do you think we'll make it in time for the opening ceremony at the Magic Kingdom? I guess we should show up at the podium 20 minutes early and wish for the best? At any rate, I'm thrilled!
    This would be somewhat difficult, as it would give you less than an hour (if you're seated on time) to eat, visit with the characters, and RUN from CR to MK utilizing the walkway. You'd really have to scarf & run to catch the opening ceremony, as it usually occurs before 9 am. Take your time & enjoy Chef Mickey's!

OOPS lost my original train of thought. We also had a situation whereby we cancelled an ADR at Ohana (long story - didn't want to eat there again that week due to a bad breakfast experience) and the Disney Dining operator spent five minutes trying to talk me out of cancelling the dinner.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: