Quantcast All Non-Smoking not created equal. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

From what everyone is being told, each resort is to determine where their designated smoking areas are to be located by June 1st. Hopefully, these areas will be well-marked and noted on each resort map if not by June 1st, then shortly thereafter.

I think many smokers will not have any problem following the rules as many people live in states where they already have to go to designated outdoor areas to smoke. Will there still be some idiots who break the rules? Of course there will, just like there are people who pool hop or reuse a mug for multiple resort stays even though it is against the rules. But as with most rules, I think the majority will obey.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a non smoker (quit 18 years ago!!!)
    I also have allergies and asthma.
    I am happy that WDW is going non smoking.
    However, there are still smokers in the world and they should have some accomodations.
    Why not have a building in each resort that is smoking optional. that way only the smokers will be housed there and other people who don't mind smoking could stay there also.
    Maybe put the 1st floor as optional and all the upper rooms smoking rooms???
    I have seen enough people in the world ingnore the smoking areas so I know they will do the same thing in the rooms. Some people won't care that they are charged a cleaning fee. They NEED the smokes
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

It's true. If they didn't really feel like they needed them, they would have probably quit already. Even though I really don't like cigarette smoke, I kind of agree that they should have just a few rooms set aside for these people so it stays limited to that area.

Anyway.... for those who are interested, this is what I was able to dig up online on the Pop Century buildings:

(Take the info with a grain of salt as it is from discussion forums and not official sources).

50's - 1 smoking, 2 NS
    60's - 2 sources say that both have some smoking optional rooms, but another source says that building #4 is completely NS
    70's - both NS
    80's - both NS
    90's - Smoking

So in light of that information, I will likely request a room in the 70's or 80's. I know, Disney is pretty awesome and probably will do a great job cleaning the rooms, but it's just for my own peace of mind.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody got any info on the POR buildings.

I did find out from a friendly fellow intercotee that she believed some of the buildings in the mansion area were non smoking.

I was wondering if anyone knew about the alligator bayou buildings? Does anyone know if there are any buildings currently smoke free now?

Hopefully if people can be informed of the info no then it will help when they check in as to which buildings they can try and request.

97" Comfort Inn LKBV
    00" All Star Sports
    01" Comfort Inn LKBV
    02" Comfort Inn LKBV
    05" Carribbean Beach
    06" Disneyland Hotel
    07" Sept POR
    08 May doubletree downtown disney sans kids
    08 Sept bounceback Grand Floridan sans kids

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    It's totally understandable for those of you with allergies and asthma to be concerned about your room (whether previously smoking-optional or not). But I can't emphasize enough that if you check in and your room is not sanitized to your satisfaction (or if there is any evidence of someone previously smoking in that room), to let the front desk know so that they can move you to a new room. I do not believe that Disney would not have put this new policy in place without an effective sanitation plan or without the intent of enforcing it, although there may be some bugs to work out initially.

For those of you going to WDW shortly after the June 1st, perhaps you could report back your observations on the new policy.
    Agreed. I to agree that Disney will have all the glitches worked out and the OLD smoking rooms should be nice and fresh..We'll have to wait and see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilmattie13 View Post
    Anybody got any info on the POR buildings.

I did find out from a friendly fellow intercotee that she believed some of the buildings in the mansion area were non smoking.

I was wondering if anyone knew about the alligator bayou buildings? Does anyone know if there are any buildings currently smoke free now?
    Building 18 was smoking. It seems to me that was the only one that was smoking in AB, but I may be incorrect. I do know for certain that 14, 15, 16, and 17 are already N/S, so those would be safe.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

In the mansion section of POR, the only building I know of that has had smoking-optional rooms is Parterre Place.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

If you smell even a hint of any smoke when you open your door, ask to be moved. We had a 2 BR villa at the WL in Feb., and had requested non smoking. We walked in the room and were bowled over by the smell of smoke. It was awful. I called right away and asked to be moved. My kids were gagging, and needed to stand on the balcony. Disney offered to "clean" the room for us with an air purifier. We declined. They moved us into another 2 BR villa within minutes.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by illini View Post
    Building 18 was smoking. It seems to me that was the only one that was smoking in AB, but I may be incorrect. I do know for certain that 14, 15, 16, and 17 are already N/S, so those would be safe.
    We were in building 25 and that was non-smoking.

Anybody have info on the non-smoking rooms at POFQ???
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think this is going to be an issue by this time next month. One of our clients specializes in cleaning up restaurants and hotels that used to allow smoking, and they said that within 48 hours, they could have an entire restaurant completely sanitized, no matter how long they had allowed smoking. I asked the president what he thought about the concerns, and he said that, in today's society, NO COMPANY would say the room was non-smoking, unless they were COMPLETELY removed from all liability...i.e., they had done everything in their power to completely sanitize the room. They'll change out the carpet and the carpet pads (and probably scrub the foundation floor); clean, strip and repaint the walls, throw away all linen; even remove all electronics that were exposed to the smoke. Once everything has been removed from the room, they essentially fumigate it with agents specifically created for the removal of all the chemicals that can linger in second hand smoke. After all that is done, they start to bring in the NEW furniture and linens and electronics, one by one.

He said that a company like Disney would almost certainly do all of this, even though they really wouldn't have to, to remove any legal liability.

And like everyone else has said...if the room still smells like smoke, complain. Disney will move you.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have read Disney is going to be pretty proactive with the non smoking policy.
    Guests found to be or have been smoking in the rooms or balcony will be charged (fined) a fee of $250-500 to reclean the room. It's my feeling that they will put this info out to discourage people from testing the system.
    Hopefully the designated smoking areas are in reasonable areas to encourage smokers to use them only and not try to sneak a smoke elsewhere.

Bev
    POP for the Holidays and MVMCP! Dec6-12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post

Anybody have info on the non-smoking rooms at POFQ???
    I believe Building 2 was the only one with smoking rooms at POFQ.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as smoking rooms at POFQ, my 2004 Passporter says that buildings 2 and 6 are smoking.
    And for POR, AB buildings 18 and 38 are smoking.

If you have the passporter, just look at the maps of each resort, they have a little icon of a cigarette to indicate a smoking building.

I can relate to this discussion, but for a different reason. I get migraines, and the smell of smoke (even lingering smoke) will give me an instant migraine.
    Donna

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: