Quantcast Gas Prices [Merged Threads] - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Woo Hoo!! A Bargain

Yippee, I just filled my tank today because it was "MONDAY MADNESS" I got the pleasure of filling my tank for a mere $50.00. WOO HOO What a bargain . Price was dropped for today only... to a low low price of $2.73.
    I saved SIX WHOLE CENTS. Now I can buy into DVC!!!!!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

I live in Rochester, NY and I just filled up @ $2.84.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas Prices

Hey, Pogo! My sister-in-law is from Rochester. Her parents, brothers and family still live there. We've visited and done some shopping at Irondiquois (sp?) Mall. We also love those white hot hot dogs (Zweigels brand?).

Anyway, gas prices have apparently gone up since I gassed up last week ... I took the kids to Dairy Queen after school today and saw that the Wawa across the street is now charging $2.75 for regular.
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We are up to 3.15 a gallon in the Twin Cities MN area now. Will it ever stop.

I can't imagine paying for gas in California. Must be close to $4 in some places over there.

Sooner or later this is going to hurt the road trip vacations. Might be time to get a hybrid vehical.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I filled up last week at $2.73. On Sunday it was $2.87 at the cheapest place in town. Most are $2.89 - $2.99 a gallon.

We were originally going to drive (about 3000 miles round trip) figuring that even with a couple of nights hotel rooms, it was still quite a bit cheaper than flying. But we planned that back when gas was just over $2/gallon. At $3 or more, that translates to about $150 - $200 more for the trip. We've now decided to fly.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    Most of these prices look great to me. I'm in CA, where we supposedly have the highest gas prices in the nation. I think the last time I filled up it was around $3.40 to $3.55 for regular unleaded gas. It's been a while since I've seen anything below $3.00.

Yup....I just paid $3.45 for gas on Friday and I'm sure it's gone up since then.

Post Thanks / Like

I just filled up today and paid $2.80 at the "cheaper" gas station here in Orlando.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New York gas prices S....

Long Island, not quite as far out as the hamptons, but around here 3.09 for regular is cheap.
    Just a couple of comments... In NJ they passed a law about manditory full service after somebody blew up a gas station many years ago. How they keep prices lower...Taxes. In NY the taxes kill you...
    As far as conspirices- with no governmental control- no surprises- its never better for the consumer...
    Drive safer & buy fuel effecent cars (I know that we who have children do need larger vehicles), but have a 'spare' that is not so hard on the pocket.

Post Thanks / Like

We are paying average of $3.25 here.
    I saw price go up 2x in one day at the same gas station. You bet there's a conspiracy and price fixing going on. Record profits? Absolutely, I keep hearing "we're driving more" I don't see it.
    I changed jobs, got closer to home, got a smaller car. Out here, I'm seeing more mopeds,
    and scooters. $40.00+ to fill a Beetle? Give me a break. Yet the oil ty-goons are driving their limo's, and reaping millions in bonuses. you can't tell me SOMEONE hasn't figured out along the way a better engine or fuel source. I keep hearing China is putting even more pressure on the supply. Let them make their own copy.
    "Come on Nana!"

Post Thanks / Like

Today while driving home the cheapest gas price I saw was $2.91 in Edgewater, Maryland which is suburb of Annapolis, Maryland. Last week when I got gas it was $2.93, atleast it seems to have dropped a bit.

We have planned to spend about $60 at most on a fill up when we go in January. We are about 911 miles one way, so 1822 round trip.So we are planning to fill up about 6 times depending on how much driving we do in Florida. Our SUV gets about 320miles on a tank and the tank is about 15gallons, so about 21 miles a gallon. We always drive straight though so with gas it will be about $360 at the most which will still be cheaper than 3 adults flying and than renting a car.

Pipi ~ 911 miles from Disney World

Next Planned Trip ~ December 2010 POR?

POP January 2004

ASMu Feburary 2005

POP January 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas Prices

Will the gas price increase effect your trip to WDW?
    Tonya
    1988 Off Property
    Fall 1993 College Program
    1998 Off Property
    1999 Off Property
    July 2007 Wilderness Lodge
    Aug 2013 Off Property
    Sept 2016 AK Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Not for my family. Our flight (tkts) are already paid for.
    But it will reduce the chance of a get away weekend, or anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thus far they've merely reached levels of moderate annoyance. They've maybe cut into our dining out budget a little and we are maybe spending a bit less on discretionary items than we did before.

As of now, though, no impact to our vacation plans.

Now if they go as high as "experts" are suggesting they will (i.e. over $4 a gallon) then we'll have to re-evaluate.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Leave the car at home. Fly instead. It's cheaper.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....871&highlight=
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Probably, related to airfare, but I hope not too much - we're booking this wknd.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Gas prices ($3.49 a gallon here) are affecting every aspect of my life! Dining out budget, spending money budget, fun money budget... there will definitly be no driving get aways for me.
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Ughh...it is really affecting how much we go out, what we do and our budget!!
    Yesterday I paid $3.15 for the cheap gas!!
    I was on 1/2 tank and topped off too fill the van and it was $48!!!

I don't know how it's not putting crimp in people's plans unless they're wealthy or something...My DH makes about $30,000 a year and I'm a SAHM....so we live on a modest budget!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I live outside of Baton Rouge. We usually have gas prices lower than other places in the country. I filled up two days ago at $2.95/gal. Today, it has jumped to $3.02. And that's at the cheap station! We are leaving Saturday for Disney. After this trip, it will be a looong time before we can go anywhere until gas prices come down. It seems like the government can do something. I definitely do not believe the stories they tell about greater demand and lower supply. I think it's all baloney!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

1974--off property
    June 1983--Fort Wilderness
    Nov. 1991--off property
    Nov. 1994--CBR
    Dec/Jan. 1997--ASM
    Nov. 2000--POR
    2Feb. 001--ASM
    Feb. 2004--Fort Wilderness
    May 2007--POFQ
    May 2009--POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    You know I'm not one for big conspiracy theories, but this manipulation of gas prices lately has me very suspicious.
    AGREED!!!!! What is the REAL reason that gas prices are up??? Did we have another hurricane that nobody knows about???? I remember working at a gas station in Jersey and the price.........91 CENTS a gallon. That was 1998! You mean to tell me that we are all driving WAY more now that only 9 years ago.

I live on the PA/NJ border. In NJ it's around $2.89 a gallon for regular. PA is higher with it being $3.00 or more. I try to always get it on my way home from work (In NJ)
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=AvonleaCF;1295592]Leave the car at home. Fly instead. It's cheaper.[QUOTE]

We originally booked our trip in February and were going to be leaving this Friday. The cheapest airfare we could get at that time was about $750 for three of us. At the time, gas was only $2 a gallon. We figured that even with hotel and food costs, we could still save a couple of hundred bucks and see some of the country by driving.

The increase in gas prices added about $2-300 to our anticipated expenses and made that time unworkable. Fortunately, free dining came out so we have now re-booked for September. While it is disappointing to have to wait four more months , we are saving a bundle with free dining. Plus,we were able to get airfare for $650 for the three of us which will be a lot cheaper than driving at current gas prices. Flying also allows us to stay a couple of days longer since we will not have to spend it on the road driving.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: