Quantcast Leaving a Legacy!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaving a Legacy!

I heard a rumor that they are going to stop selling the tiles. are they removing existing tiles? I really hope not! Anyone got any info?
    Willie Wonka-

"A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They are guaranteed to be on display somewhere on Disney property for so many years - I think it was 50 years from them Millenium or something like that. However, just because they are guaranteed to be on display doesn't mean in the current location - Disney reserves the right to move them to another location on property but it would have to be somewhere with public access, although not necessarily a busy location. It's basically about as clear as mud.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy to see them moved elsewhere I think they are a big eyesore at the entrance to Epcot...perhaps the Wonders of Life pavilion- might just as well use it for something!

Bev
    POP for the Holidays and MVMCP! Dec6-12

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they're only an eyesore for those who don't have tiles of loved ones (or themselves) installed on the stones!

I love the site...and we always rush to find our DDs' pics the first thing upon our arrival at EPCOT. Such a sentimental thing for us...it was our first visit and DDs were 8 & 5....now they're 16 & 13!!

We may do another one now that they're older!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I think they need to be in their current location for a couple years still. I think 2009 or 2010 they can move them.

The "contract" we signed when we got them said something about 10 years I think. I'd have to dig it out to be sure, but I'm too lazy to look now.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

There are unconfirmed reports that sales will stop mid-June 2007; however, there is currently no indication that any of the existing tiles would be modified in the near future.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousetrapper View Post
    Maybe they're only an eyesore for those who don't have tiles of loved ones (or themselves) installed on the stones!

I love the site...and we always rush to find our DDs' pics the first thing upon our arrival at EPCOT. Such a sentimental thing for us...it was our first visit and DDs were 8 & 5....now they're 16 & 13!!

We may do another one now that they're older!

Exactly! We enjoy finding the tile with our 2 daughters' images. Our "contract" said for 20 years they would remain there. Hopefully they will be able to show their children.
    BTW, I don't think that they're an eyesore at all. I find the "megaliths" awesome and impressive.
    1968 Disneyland Anaheim
    1972 Kissimee Offsite
    1974 Travelodge,Lake Buena Vista
    1975 Contemporary
    1984 Royal Plaza
    1988 Kissimee Offsite
    1993 Kissimee Offsite
    2000 Dixie Landings
    2001 All Star Music
    2004 Caribbean Beach Resort
    2005 All Star Music

2007 to be announced

Post Thanks / Like

oooh i hope they dont stop selling the leave a legacy tiles...they still have sooo much space to put so many more!!...i have already done 3 of them..its the first thing i do when i get there now..i go look for all the ones ive done!!..i think they are really cool..and dont think they are an eyesore at all..not like there was anything all that fascinating in front of Epcot before them!...how long has leave a legacy been going on for now??...anyone know?
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree 100%. We have a tile of my DW and myself before our son was born and this last trip we did one with my son and I. I think the CM told us they would be guaranteed to be on display until at least 2030.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they don't stop selling them, either. My kids wanted to buy one last time, and somehow we managed to forget! I wouldn't mind if they moved them, as long as it was a public-access area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizNee143 View Post
    ..and dont think they are an eyesore at all..not like there was anything all that fascinating in front of Epcot before them!...
    This drives me nuts. Disney removed gorgeous gardens and trees to put these monolithic hulks of granite in. It completely detracts from the entrance. It was such an incredible entrance with the gorgeous trees and colorful flowers in all areas, highlighting SSE. It was warming. Now it's cold and impersonable. I'd rather they keep the wand and remove these rocks.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

1) They are stopping the sales this Summer.
    2) To me, this is a good thing.
    3) The tombstones greatly distract from Epcot.
    4) The serenity and beauty of the entrance is marred.

NOTE: I have heard the rumors of the tombstones being moved to another area of the park. I am hoping somewhere around the area of Energy, and somewhat out of sight. This would significantly open the entrance area to something of beauty.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

We have 2 tiles, one from our honeymoon and one from our first trip with the kids. That being said-I can't stand them! I think they look like a graveyard for giants.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post

NOTE: I have heard the rumors of the tombstones being moved to another area of the park. I am hoping somewhere around the area of Energy, and somewhat out of sight. This would significantly open the entrance area to something of beauty.
    Agree 100%.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Default legacy

Hey, this is my first reply/post, new member here. Well, I was at Epcot for my parents 27th ann. today and wanted to get them a tile, but they did not want one . I talked the CM though and she said they are stopping sales of tiles soon, but they will stay up. For how long? I am not sure. So all I can say is, if you want one better get it soon. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they move the tombstones. I miss the pretty walk up to epcot there. I wouldn't mind if they would take the hat at the studios with them. I really miss the view of chinese theater.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney actually only agrees to display them somewhere on the property for 20 years. They do not guarantee location. After 20 years they have the right to permanently remove them. Just a guess, but if they are halting sales it would sound like they are getting ready to move them in the future.

I know that they mean a lot to people who bought them, I just wish Disney had designed the monoliths to fit better into the existing grey/metallic future world scheme. As they are, they seem out of place in front of Spaceship Earth. Maybe in some other location they might look better, just hope they make sure people can locate them easily if they do move them.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post

DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think calling them tombstones is very insulting to those of us with memories etched on them. They fit the modern/futuristic feel of EPCOT. Their architectural design is in line with many of the new buildings of today. Just because something isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean you have to bash it.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen and heard several hints that they will be moving the tiles someplace else along with the possible removal of the wand. I am hoping all these rumours and hints are true
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: